News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Cap badges -- help required

Hi all, I'm new to posting on the forum so hope i'm doing it right!

I have come across these cap badges and collar dogs that I have no idea about and hope the experts on here can tell me if they are original or not.

Having read the thread on the 9th lancers I now have my doubts it is authentic, which brings the whole lot into question.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Glenn

1 st half cap badges front.JPG

some more pics

2nd half cap badges front (2).jpg

reverse of the badges

1st half cap badges etc.JPG

2nd halfcap badges etc (2).jpg

22nd regiment french canadian.JPG

22nd regiment french canadian reverse.JPG

canadian provost corps.JPG

canadian provost corps obverse.JPG

Glengennie

Welcome to the GMIC!

Not an expert on badges but the 22nd - 'les Vandoos' - look ok.  I assume it is missing a slider which would have been soldered to the back of the crown.

There is a British Badge Forum with a large section on Canadian as well as British badges and many badge experts too.  https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/.  

Peter

I am assuming that the 22nd badge is genuine, BTW, based on my sketchy knowledge of modern Cdn badges and the fact that they are common and inexpensive enough that I can't see there being a market for fakes.  But I've been wrong before!  BBF is your best bet.

Hi Gents, Glengenie, Peter

On 04/01/2019 at 13:22, glenngenie said:

Having read the thread on the 9th lancers I now have my doubts it is authentic, which brings the whole lot into question.

Glenngenie 

i have had similar feelings about many of my badges....

i enjoy badges because they can be picked up at a good price in groups like this. I used to think if one or two were maker marked, if just one or two were genuine then it was worth it, it turned out maker marks and ‘age’ meant little!

So usually it’s a mixed bag....

Ive shared images of a few of mine and it turns out some that look good are bad and  some the other way.... 

let us know if you got any help on the other forum....

best wishes

tony

———-/———-///—

Hi Peter 

On 04/01/2019 at 14:54, peter monahan said:

There is a British Badge Forum with a large section on Canadian as well as British badges and many badge experts too.  https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums

Helpful link thanks...,

tony