News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all, I found an Imperial-era reserve stein in a local antique store today for $125. Unfortunately I was being rushed and the stuff weren't particularly friendly, so I wasn't able to grab any photos or recall any details, save for a painting of soldiers at leisure, inscriptions of "Erinnerung an meine Dienstzeit", "Reserve hat Ruh", and a regimental name list on the side. Its pewter topper is an eagle. I was surprised at how light it is. I'm going to go back tomorrow to take a look at it. Now, I know absolutely nothing about Imperial steins. In fact, one of the stores down the street from this one has a stein that would have fooled me had it not been for the "Made in West Germany" sticker on the bottom. Could anyone help me out with what to look for to better gauge authenticity?

Cheers

Edited by TheMadBaron

• 1 month later...

In haste I can't find the link--there is a topic online about it. There would be less artistically perfect lithophane artwork, and the handle itself should be a smooth one--no "bump" inside the loop. The lid should be shiny inside, and dull out. You won't find Artillery atop an Infanterie Krug, and the name of the soldier on the piece should also be in the list at the sides. No airships, planes and clutter behind the artwork.