magu

Romanian miniature medals-help required with i.d

Hello folks

I came across these miniatures recently and am getting a little confused as to exactly what i have ,I know that i have an order of the star of romania and 2 order of the crown of romania,however,with 6 classes per medal this is where my confusion stems from .

One crown is silver and the other is gilt which im assuming means different classes and the order of the star is silver,none have any makers marks or any other identifying features

So if anyone could help with exactly what i have or point me in the direction of further information on the web it would be much appreciated

tia

DSC04505.JPG

Posted (edited)

Star is second type  (1932-1947); knight with swords 

Crowns are second type  (1932-1947); middle one  likely knight with swords &  right side officer or above with swords--grade would be indicated by ribbon device. 

http://www.omsa.org/files/jomsa_arch/Splits/1999/151153_JOMSA_Vol50_1_19.pdf provides a good overview for the Star Order 

http://www.omsa.org/files/jomsa_arch/Splits/2008/43278_JOMSA_Vol59_1_04.pdf  provides a good overview of the Crown Order 

Edited by 922F
spelchek

Thank you so much for the information and the links to the excellent articles.....my quest to identify them is complete

The articles you linked to describe everything far better than anything i could find online 

once again many thanks 922F

My pleasure; the OMSA site contains much similarly useful information.