Bravery medal 2286285 - marine

Hi all,

I just wanted to share few medals that I recently picked up during my holidays in Estonia. I also got the owners files via research services that one of our fellow forum member is organising.

Now, I was hoping that at least one of the medal' s owner is Estonian but unfortunately not. Therefore I will move them on probably soon enough but still, the excitement of the research is great and therefore I would like to share results.

First I got a nice bravery medal numbered 2286285.

Viktor Kuzmin, marine. He fought at the most northern peak of the front - Musta-Tunturi, Kola peninsula in Artic Russia, where he fixed cutted telephone line under heavy enemy fire, also he was in the combat where he killed at least 3 germans and saved injured comrades.

20190804_093155.jpg

20190804_093221.jpg

1.jpg

1-4.jpg

2.jpg

4-4.jpg

071-157.jpg

073-157.jpg

072-157.jpg

Staršina (NCO) Mikhail Klyuchnikov, Navy AA artillery. Served in very rare lake Ladoga flotilla! His unit shot down 5 enemy planes during the action, where he participated as well.

Medal is with the scare small original ribbon plate. Unfortunately disk is missing but I reckon I still did well.

2(1).jpg

12-28.jpg

13-28.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

20190804_102811.jpg

20190804_102851.jpg

20190804_102915.jpg

1(1).jpg

2-3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing!!!!

On 04/08/2019 at 11:39, Noor said:

Staršina (NCO) Mikhail Klyuchnikov, Navy AA artillery. Served in very rare lake Ladoga flotilla! His unit shot down 5 enemy planes during the action, where he participated as well.

Medal is with the scare small original ribbon plate. Unfortunately disk is missing but I reckon I still did well.

12-28.jpg

Great! Nice citation. Here is the map of KLYUCHNIKOV's separate AA artillery squadron in 1943 about the time mentioned in the citation.

00000077.thumb.jpg.4219a1130f35daca445af39fba4a46cb.jpg

Edited by Egorka

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...