News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

who can ID this badge?

here's something i've had for a while, but never gotten around to identifying. i am fairly certain have seen it in reference books and in collections that consist of predominantly freikorps/veterans/20s-30s items. looks like a karnevalsorden, but my guess is that it could be chamber of commerce, public health, or agriculture related. it's an extremely large item at 75mm and has a "f. hofstatter, bonn" hallmark used from 20s thru the 40s. brass and enamel, disregard the cotton thingy stuck onto the reverse--no idea why that was applied

anyone recognize this?

20200820_130459.thumb.jpg.5d17a14d026b5e4736f977aefec8bfc8.jpg

20200820_130427.thumb.jpg.7f571dc8ffaef25e76f8cb2d71aff3cc.jpg

Edited by Eric Stahlhut

many thanks, gentlemen... i've figured out who has another one of these-- i was correct-- i spotted it lurking in the middle of a comprehensive wound badge/weimar/freikorps collection-- and have reached out to the owner. he hasn't been online for three months or so, but i'm very patient!

cheers, e~