News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Jugendwehr items.

I have a couple Jugendwehr items in my collection and I am looking for more information about them. From what I gather they were a more military oriented “Boy Scouts”. They seem to be the predecessor of the HJ. I believe that these items are Weimar period and this is the reason I posted them here. I found a similar armband in the Freikorps Insignia book. Are there any good articles out there about them, any advanced collectors of these items?

the armband it heavy and well constructed with three closing snaps. It is numbered inside by stamping behind the shield. If you have additional items please post them!

DD1B9B1E-38E1-45EE-AA07-FF49545DE5BA.jpeg

BB01F728-4575-4555-8F63-90C83121FF2D.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Specifically this is the württembergische Jugendwehr. They existed from 1915 to 1925. They were active during the Freikorps period as auxilliaries of the Einwohnerwehr (Civil Militia). Here is a Freikorps period Einwohnerwehr Württemberg armband with the Jugendwehr shield.

1577965865_Jugendwehrarmband.thumb.jpg.eb7a746b47f811c25ff3a7e289f9ec44.jpg

Edited by bolewts58

Great to see your armband. I have seen three different ones. Mine, ones like yours with the typical ribbon colors of the Wurttemburg Civil verdienstorden and one with the colors of the Wurttemburg crown orders. As mine is one the tri color band would it be one of the last ones made? Is yours numbered? Thanks!

20 hours ago, CRBeery said:

Great to see your armband. I have seen three different ones. Mine, ones like yours with the typical ribbon colors of the Wurttemburg Civil verdienstorden and one with the colors of the Wurttemburg crown orders. As mine is one the tri color band would it be one of the last ones made? Is yours numbered? Thanks!

I don't know how to date the different armbands exactly, other than knowing the one I posted was used 1919-21. The one I posted isn't mine. But, I've looked at both sides and it isn't numbered or stamped, which isn't unusual.