News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dear forumites,

I would like to show an interesting portrait photo of Grossadmiral Prinz Heinrich von Preussen with his medal bar. He wore different combinations of medal bars during his life.

Any thoughts of the medals he's wearing on his first medal bar here below depicted?

2116642949_PrinzHeinrichvonPreussen_medal_bar.thumb.jpeg.c80da9f506ea6e9e7cc785c352b305ee.jpeg?

1. Preussen, RAO 3. Klasse mit Krone;
    2. Preussen, KO 3. Klasse ;
    3. Preussen, Offiziers-DA für 25 Dienstjahre; 
    4. Hohenzollern, Fürstlich Hohenzollernscher Hausorden, Ehrenkreuz 2. Klasse mit Krone;
    5. Preussen, Goldene Hochzeitsmedaille 1879, 1. Klasse in Gold mit Emaille (OEK 1897);
    6. Preussen, Zentenarmedaille (Halbminiatur-Ausführung, sog. Prinzengrösse);
    7. Hessen, Erinnerungszeichen zur 2. Hochzeit 1905 (OEK 902);
    8. Grossbritannien (British Empire), Queen Victoria Diamond Jubilee Medal 1897 with bar, awarded in gold to members of the Royal Family (73 awarded); 
    9. Grossbritannien (British Empire), Queen Victoria Golden Jubilee Medal 1887, awarded in gold to members of the Royal Family;
    10. Grossbritannien (British Empire, Medal commemorating the coronation of King Edward VII (1841–1910), 1902, issued in silver to members of the Royal Family;
    11. KuK Österreich-Ungarn, Jubiläums-Erinnerungsmedaille 1848-1898, gestiftet durch Kaiser Franz Josef I zu seinem 50-jährigen Regierungsjubiläum am roten Band;
    12. Japan (Empire of the raising Sun), Medal of the Red Cross with Rosette.

Could you assist me to fill the gaps on the above mentioned list? Any thoughts or inputs are very welcome and appreciated.Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

Claudio 

Prinz Heinrich von Preussen_1.jpg

Widmungsporträt_des_Prinzen_Heinrich_von_Preußen_(Kiel_44.825).jpg

Edited by Claudio

52 minutes ago, Komtur said:

This could be of some help:

Preußen, Heinrich Prinz von detail 1.jpg

Thanks a lot, Komtur. Your picture clearly depicts Prince Henry of Prussia after 1897 and before the coronation of King Edward VII in 1902. Great photo, showing great details.

I would venture to say that on the previous bar (yours), you can see the following medals (10):

1. Preussen, RAO 3. Klasse mit Krone;
    2. Preussen, KO 3. Klasse ;
    3. Preussen, Offiziers-DA für 25 Dienstjahre; 
    4. Hohenzollern, Fürstlich Hohenzollernscher Hausorden, Ehrenkreuz 2. Klasse mit Krone;
    5. Preussen, Goldene Hochzeitsmedaille 1879, 1. Klasse in Gold mit Emaille (OEK 1897);
    6. Preussen, Zentenarmedaille (Halbminiatur-Ausführung, sog. Prinzengrösse);
    7. Grossbritannien (British Empire), Queen Victoria Diamond Jubilee Medal 1897 with bar, awarded in gold to members of the Royal Family (73 awarded); 
    8. Grossbritannien (British Empire), Queen Victoria Golden Jubilee Medal 1887, awarded in gold to members of the Royal Family;
    9. KuK Österreich-Ungarn, Jubiläums-Erinnerungsmedaille 1848-1898, gestiftet durch Kaiser Franz Josef I zu seinem 50-jährigen Regierungsjubiläum am roten Band;
    10. Japan (Empire of the raising Sun), Medal of the Red Cross with Rosette.

Great looking medal bar, with almost only Dynastic orders and medals.

cheers,

Claudio