News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

SS camouflage smock opinions please

Hi.

I just got this smock in the mail today.

With the smock it is a well documented certificate book with fotos.

There is also a original copy of the owners soldbuch.

There was also some scans of the soldbuch, but it was to black to read.

The owner was SS-Scharf?hrers Ernst Hisky who was born 7.9.1916.

He was in the SS-Panzer J?ger Abt.5.

Here is a link to the pictures and some documents.

http://home.online.no/~krheriks/bilder/ss.htm

I need your opinions on this smock and if you also know the value then that would be great.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Andr

Andr?,

You should compare the weave of the material and the printed pattern with a known original.

I have handled many original Zeltbahn shelter quarters and a few original smocks, which are made of the same material. From the pictures you show in the link, this is not an item in which I would invest more than EUR 200. The material seems to match some of the cheaper reproductions in my opinion.

David

This is all I can show you at very short notice. Look closely at the edges of the green and brown areas to see the difference in the patterns. The edges of the areas in the one you show seem to be less ragged and much "tidier", which is not what I would expect to see.

This is an original Zeltbahn in the same pattern as the smock is supposed to be:

IPB Image

If you can find exactly the same elements of this pattern on the smock, it might be good. If these exact elements poisitoned in the same way cannot be found and the material of the smock feels like well washed, smooth cotton, then it is certainly an aged reproduction. The buttons on the smock as seen below are definitely not German:

IPB Image

• 3 months later...

Andre,

I believe this to be a reproduction and not even a quality reproduction piece. The stonewashed look is something I have seen on copies designed to give a field worn look. The pockets should be lined in herringbone, not camo material, which was conserved where possible, The black reinforcing thread in the drawstring holes is also off putting and finally the material looks too 'heavy' like denim not the cotton one would expect. I thinks this group has been united to get rid of a dealers bad buy.

Hope this helps

Mark

This is all I can show you at very short notice. Look closely at the edges of the green and brown areas to see the difference in the patterns. The edges of the areas in the one you show seem to be less ragged and much "tidier", which is not what I would expect to see.

This is an original Zeltbahn in the same pattern as the smock is supposed to be:

IPB Image

If you can find exactly the same elements of this pattern on the smock, it might be good. If these exact elements poisitoned in the same way cannot be found and the material of the smock feels like well washed, smooth cotton, then it is certainly an aged reproduction. The buttons on the smock as seen below are definitely not German:

IPB Image

Andre,

I believe this to be a reproduction and not even a quality reproduction piece. The stonewashed look is something I have seen on copies designed to give a field worn look. The pockets should be lined in herringbone, not camo material, which was conserved where possible, The black reinforcing thread in the drawstring holes is also off putting and finally the material looks too 'heavy' like denim not the cotton one would expect. I thinks this group has been united to get rid of a dealers bad buy.

Hope this helps

Mark

I would swear I saw this very same smock up for sale on ebay some time ago , that 100% un original button is not something you forget !

I would stay very far away for this as it is 100% reproduction ! The cloth material is wrong , the wear to it very fake looking . As stated above it has a " stone wash " wear look to it , if you look at original smocks most are very well worn at the cuff edges and around the raised ridges of the elastic wrists , this has an un natural even wear over the entire smock . The best book to use in determining if it is a fake is

CAMOUFLAGE UNIFORMSOF THE WAFFEN-SS by MICHAEL D. BEAVER

JOE

Andr?,

You posted this smock already in another Forum and have received the same replies like here.

This smock is a well known reproduction, here in germany a so-called Br?ll-Kopie. Herr Br?ll has sold these smocks in the early 80ties as originals but for the low price of 400 DM. ( David, You came very close with the 200 Euro ).

I visited Mr. Br?ll once in his shop and saw a few dozens of these smocks (don't know how many were stored in the back-rooms)

Mr. Br?ll was murdered in the early 90ties (or late 80ties, can not remember the exact year) so I will not talk bad about him, but his name stood for fakes in these years.

The Niemann expertise is no expertise, as Mr. Niemann clearly refuses to make an expertise on this.

Andr? - if You invested a lot of money - try to get it back. This smock is a fake.

Kind regards

Robert