News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Richard Karl Theodor Traugott von Kehler

Here are the decorations I have for Major d. R. Richard von Kehler (1866--1943). Maybe someone can add something ...? I am also looking for his promotion dates for Fahnenjunker, Fähnrich, Sekondeleutnant and Major. I have 25. November 1898 Premierleutnant and 31. Mai 1904 Hauptmann. Thanks!

Zentenarmedaille, 1897

Landwehr-Dienstauszeichnung, II. und I. Klasse

Herzoglich Sachsen-Ernestinischer Hausorden, Ritterkreuz I. Klasse (HSH3a)

Franz-Joseph-Orden, Offizierkreuz (ÖFJ3)

Roter Adlerorden, IV. Klasse

Orden der Krone von Italien, Offizierkreuz (JK4)

Sachsen-Coburg und Gothaische Silberne Verdienstmedaille für Kunst und Wissenschaft (HSCV5)

Eisernes Kreuz (1914), II. und I. Klasse

Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer

Hi,

he was a former one year volunteer. He entered active service in Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr. 18.

Portepee-Fähnrich: 22.5.89

Sekonde-Lieutenant: 21.7.89

Hauptmann (ohne Patent): 14.9.00

Major d.R.: 27.1.15

He received during the war also the WF3aX and ÖM3K

Regards

Glenn

Wonderful, Glenn, thank you very much! One question: My date 25 November 1898 for Premierleutnant is probably wrong? Because this von Kehler was sent to the Neumärkisches Feld-Artillerie-Regiment Nr. 54 and then to the Kriegsakademie. The von Kehler with Hauptmann (ohne Patent) from 14 September 1900 was sent from the Luftschiffer-Abteilung to the Feldartillerie-Regiment Nr. 39 (Perleberg). Now I am unsure who is who. What date was the Luftschiffer-von Kehler promoted to Premierleutnant? I would be thankful for your help.

Edited by Deutschritter

Morning,

Richard von Kehler, born 1866 is "Luftschiffer" von Kehler. He moved around quite a bit! He returned to the Luftschiffer-Bataillon from FAR 39 on 1 October 1903 before going into reserve status on 30 July 1906.

Yes, your Premier-Lieutenant is wrong; it was 18.10.96

Regards

Glenn

Richard von Kehler (once co-owner of the Luftfahrzeug-Gesellschaft für Luftschiffbau and Flugmaschine Wright Gesellschaft) would later become "Präsident des Aero-Klubs von Deutschland". He was very rich, his companies (von Kehler & Stelling Wasser und Luftfahrzeuge, von Kehler & Stelling Fallschirmbau GmbH and as of 1939 Richard von Kehler & Sohn GmbH, Fallschirme, Schlauchboote, Rettungsgeräte) produced heavily for the new Wehrmacht.

Richard_von_Kehler,_um_1925.png