News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Brazilian civil war helmet (1932 uprising) with damage

Hello gentlemen,

I would like to share with you this helmet of the "Paulista" model of the Brazilian civil war of 1932.

During that war, steel helmets were used for the first time in Brazil. When the war between the state of São Paulo and the federal government of Brazil, São Paulo began to prepare for the conflict. With that, São Paulo started making steel helmets based on 2 helmets from the first war that a Brazilian collector had brought to Brazil.

Three different models were manufactured at the same time: one based on MKI and two based on Adrian. One of the two models based on Adrian had its design changed by São Paulo. That is why it was called the "paulista" model. You can see little difference at the top of the helmet.

The war only lasted approximately 3 months. São Paulo lost militarily, but won some political victories.

I got this helmet from a distant relative of a veteran who served with the forces of São Paulo. It had been stored since the war when the family decided to see it with other old items. I just bought the helmet.

It has two significant damages: One on the outside front, and another that looks like it came from the "inside out" direction.

I hope you enjoyed. And I would like to hear your opinions about this helmet and its strange marks.

Thanks!

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-24 at 00.10.34.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-23 at 16.45.08 (10).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-24 at 00.11.20.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-24 at 00.10.34 (5).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-24 at 00.10.34 (4).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-24 at 00.10.34 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-24 at 00.10.34 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-24 at 00.10.34 (2).jpeg

Very Interesting ! this type of helmets were manufactured in Sao Paulo State for the use of the Forca Publica the State Militia ,core of the 1932 Revolution against the Federal Government .Revolution that took place from July to October of 1932, costed about 2000 dead and much more woundeds and failed in overthrow the Federal Government. Sao Paulo was the most wealthy State of Brazil and the more industrialized so it was capable of the manufacture of Steel helmets inclusive the rebels manufactured some AFVs to oppose to the Renault FT of the Federal Army . The Federal Army weared a cork helmet patterned on the French Adrian with a crest of metal sheet

• 7 months later...