News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with identifying a Chinese medal

Obal7

Hello 1812 Overture,

don't worry your English is just fine.

As for JapanX - I don't believe he is angry at you at all - i assume that he was rather hitting on me with sarcasm.

Anyway as I mentioned in my first post to you - I don't feel offended at all. especially not if discussions or voicing of different opinions is carried forward in an appropriate manner.

The photo you posted on this other thread is actually very interesting, since it is a very, rare photo in my opinion that shows what original  commemorative veterans medals looks like - thanks!

My grandfather is still going strong with his - 97 - due to his rank and involvement history during the Korean war he also received certain higher war orders. 

Regards

Andreas

Non r.jpg

Image1(3).png

Edited by v.Perlet

1 hour ago, v.Perlet said:

Hello 1812 Overture,

don't worry you English is just fine.

As for JapanX - I don't believe he is angry at you at all - i assume that he was rather hitting on me with sarcasm.

Anyway as I mentioned in my first post to you - I don't feel offended at all. especially not if discussions or voicing of different opinions is carried forward in an appropriate manner.

The photo you posted on this other thread is actually very interesting, since it is a very, rare photo in my opinion that shows what original  commemorative veterans medals looks like - thanks!

My grandfather is still going strong with his - 97 - due to his rank and involvement history during the Korean war he also received certain higher war orders. 

Regards

Andreas

Non r.jpg

Image1(3).png

your grandfather? Chinese? Then why don't we communicate in Chinese?

hello 1812 Overture,

sorry that was a mental lapse off mine ? - my daughter and me call him grandpa, factually he is my Father in law and I am German.

If you don't mind I also moved your other photo to this thread.

Below in case you wouldn't know you can see what a China Order of Liberation Class 3 awarded for service in Korea, actually looks like including the ribbon-bar.

Regards

Andreas

CK.jpg

China Order of Liberation 3Kl.png

Edited by v.Perlet

The Medal in Gold of the Order of Independence and Freedom in regards to the 2nd Sino-Japanese war.

1. from a veteran friend of my father in law

2. sold on a some site for around 500Euro

Feel free to judge and analysis or your own behalf.

Regards

Andreas

Image1(4).png

9132c49f-fbf0-4556-8400-6bf8f01274fa.jpg

The order you sent is great! (Fortunately Germany did not participate in the Korean War, otherwise I guess your father-in-law would not have allowed you to marry his daughter, haha) I don't know much about the price of the Independence Medal, but I personally feel that 500 euros is a normal price. Their prices have all increased since the medal order after China banned trading for 49 years. It's really interesting, the Germans love to collect Chinese medals. And as a Chinese, I like German orders. . communicate frequently:beer: