News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK2 1870 Prinzengröße - what about wearers' pictures?

Good afternoon,

just out of curiosity I was wondering if there are any pictures out there that show "Prinzengröße" or reduced 1870 iron crosses worn by the men who won them. 

I "developed" this question while combing through the forum and reading about these privately purchased miniatures.

So, if they are out there I would love to hear / see them.

Best!

ArHo

17 minutes ago, ArHo said:

Good afternoon,

just out of curiosity I was wondering if there are any pictures out there that show "Prinzengröße" or reduced 1870 iron crosses worn by the men who won them. 

I "developed" this question while combing through the forum and reading about these privately purchased miniatures.

So, if they are out there I would love to hear / see them.

Best!

ArHo

Hi ArHo,

my only one during 40 years of collecting.

jpg195.thumb.jpg.48db31a6612ff5da93ee86503d935ce5.jpg

Kind regards

Andreas

Hi ArHo,

I've never thought about it, but now after quickly going through my collection: I can't find one from 1870!

@Andreas, thank you for sharing your picture!

Out of my head I just thought of Wilhelm I of Prussia with his 1813 Iron Cross Prinzengroeße.

Kind regards,

Leonard

img361.jpg

Wilhelm_I_Schnalle.JPG

@dedehansen and @Metallica wow, thank you both für your input, very interesting! I love them both and your answers tell me that I was right to assume these pictures are not easily found.

In my collection I have only one possible piece that I would like to discuss with you: I consider this Ek21870 "small" compared to the buttons. What is your opinion?

Best!

DSC07658.JPG