News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The crowd seemed to be down this year.  Understandable under the circumstances.  A few empty tables but, not many.  I didn't run into nearly as many of my overseas acquaintances as normal.  Even so, I did manage to scrounge up a couple of nice pieces.  Did anyone else here find anything of note?

I got this nice Princely Hohenzollern 3rd Class with Crown and Swords and a nice little miniature Danish Christian IX Dannebrog pair with an 1864 War Medal:

DSCF2999.JPG

DSCF2998.JPG

DSCF3001.JPG

DSCF3002.JPG

Nice pieces!

I assume the Dannebrog Silver Cross is Frederik VIII (successor to Christian IX)?

If it was Frederik VII (predecessor to Christian IX), the two decorations would have switched places. Per the statutes, if the Knight Cross was awarded after the Silver Cross, the Silver Cross kept its place as the most prominent award.

• 1 month later...
    On 25/07/2021 at 02:29, Beau Newman said:

I got this nice Princely Hohenzollern 3rd Class with Crown and Swords (...)

Wow, congratulations! Rick Lundström and Daniel Krause published the Princely Hohenzollern rolls for the Great War in 2008, and they list no more than 145(!) awards for this "HEK3aX", usually to the rank of Major. Needless to say these are really, really tough to find!

:whistle: