News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The only medal of the islamic state

BlackcowboyBS

Folks,

I am quite sure that the story is an urban legend, but as I can't proof it wrong or right I want to share it with you. I meet a guy in a bar with an army carmouflage jacket on and on his breast I spot a medal on a pentagonal medal clasp. I asked him what kind of medal this is and where he got it from. He claimed that he was in the middle east and took this medal from a dead body of a terrorist fight from the IS. "This medal ist the only one, ever been awarded by the IS" this were his words. 

Now I managed to get this photo and I can tell, that the pentagonal medal clasp truely looks like the one from the Combat Order "For Services to the People and the Fatherland" from the GDR. The medal itself has some arabic writings on it and if I compare it to the flag of the ISIS then it looks like taken from there. The backside of the medal is plain. 

So Gentlemen, what is your expertise on this, is it really a medal from ISIS or just a nice story been told in a bar deep in the night. So is this medal purly a product of fantasy and being sold on some middle east bazaars to tourist?? I can't tell but tend to believe the later. 

urban legend.jpeg

Edited by BlackcowboyBS

• 4 months later...

I wouldn't be so sure about their Islamic hardliner and self-defined code - since many wear, watches, rings (e.g. jewelry) and other non-halal/haram niceties that make their live more comfortable.

Assuming that your pub acquaintance was actually serving in the Middle East, it is feasible that he picked up this privately worn necklace medallion (not an IS award) which was owned by a "high-spirited, devoted, nutty and militarism - loving" IS fighter".

Found especially amongst those recruited from western countries, or volunteering nutcases.  see photo.

So for my 5c worth - IF this incident actually occurred - this private necklace medallion ended up on a fantasy medal clasp of the pub fellow.

Or if not - he made a medallion himself to get some veteran's applause and drinks on the house.

If the photo is felt to be offensive - any mod please feel free to delete it.

Regards

v.Perlet

Is donk.jpg

Edited by v.Perlet

• 2 weeks later...
    On 28/01/2022 at 21:48, Zulu_00 said:

My mate says it's fake in all likelihood, he says its against their Islamic code. He fought them for two years so I'm inclined to take his word on it.

I do believe it to be false as well, but it was a good story in the middle of the night.