News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Venda order

Rookie

Order of Thohoyandou (1977-94) (1981-1994)
    For distinguished service to Venda. The order was divided into four classes:

• Grand Cross - for heads of state and prime ministers.
    • Grand Commander
    • Commander
    • Officer

Insignia: A green-enamelled oval shield framed by two ivory tusks and depicting a golden elephant head (obverse) and the Venda national arms (reverse). The first three classes are worn around the neck, and the fourth on the chest. The Grand Cross and Grand Commander also have a gold 8-pointed breast star displaying the badge.

The Order of Thohoyandou – The symbols of the orders are in the form of an oval shield made from silver, framing and a facing elephant head by tusks in ivory. The higher the order the more ornate with a 8 pointed star and gilt multi rayed star. Some of the decorations have makers and silver mark.

Marcon1.

NB: I have seen just 2 full sets being offered on Ebay and BidorBuy in the last 5 years, so they are pretty scarce.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wow...I've been collecting homeland stuff for 5 years now, and my brother 10 years before that, and I've never seen these before.  Congratulations. I wish more of the homeland stuff was available but I guess that's part of the charm!!

Great stuff!!!

• 2 years later...