News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Two PRC medals unknown to me...

Elmar Lang

Hello,

putting order in the drawers of my collection, overseas dept., I've found two medals that are unknown to me.

The first, is surely referring to parachuting, made of anodyzed and lacquered aluminium, approx 45 mm dia.

The second medal, made of silver-plated bronze, I think should be referred to athletic, and from 1963. the suspension is an elaborate pattern of laurel leaves soldered to the rim, a strong loop to the upper centre, fitted with a thick, round ring; approx. 65 mm. dia.

I would be glad for an identification and for the translation of the inscriptions...

Many thanks in advance,

all the best,

Enzo (E.L.)

China Parachute Avers.jpg

China Parachute Revers.jpg

Nippon Avers.jpg

Nippon Revers.jpg

It's rare to find that you publish an article here. . It feels like I found a polar bear in Antarctica.
    The first medal, "Develop sports and enhance the people's physique" is a commonly used slogan, usually when I walk across the rostrum during a sports meeting (it looks like a fool, I did it when I was in school). At the bottom of the medal, "Friendship first. Second in the game"
    In 1978, the six-unit airplane parachuting competition, the third place.

The second medal is for Japan. Fortunately, most of them are in Chinese, which I probably understand is: Tokyo International XX Conference
    The 17th All-Japan Gymnastics Competition
    Article 2
    Japan Gymnastics Association

. . It seems that there are no such valuable medals. The price is very low. You can chat with me privately if you have medals about Chinese in the future.:ninja: