News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Questions on the 50th anniversary of the Baden Infantry Regiment

Dear collectors, I recently saw an unofficial 50th anniversary medal of the Baden Fifth Infantry Regiment. I want to ask if anyone knows what the correct ribbon of this medal looks like? I haven't found its picture on the medal bar. I hope someone can help me solve this question. thanks

1965585903_s-l1600(3).thumb.jpg.df7951fd40e93e13ea27cf52d84a3ec7.jpg1392385220_s-l1600(4).thumb.jpg.591ef210a95c981186034ebe9b5afd81.jpg

This is a picture I took from eBay

• 1 month later...

Due to the fact it's an unofficial medal, as you already pointed out, the question for the correct ribbon is no easy one. Zeitz (in Zeitz, Joachim. Die Medaillen des Hauses Baden. Denkmünzen und Plaketten zur Geschichte des zähringen-badischen Fürstenhauses seit 1871. Band 2. Freiburg im Breisgau 1987, p. 229) does not show or mention a ribbon at all.

I think I have seen several examples with these triangular ribbons before. However, the only one mounted on a medal bar I have ever seen so far (and can remember) was on German ebay, like 15 years ago. I attached the image.

It is also not clear, at least not to me, if this medal was presented by the regimental commander or maybe the Offizierskorps des Regiments to the soldiers, or if it was simply a commercial souvenir anyone could obtain if they wanted to... (but probably the latter!?)

:whistle:

freiburg_ebay.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Here's another one that sold recently on German ebay, but this yellow and black ribbon is certainly not the right one. I still think "yours" is probably the proper ribbon, as I think I've seen it several times before.

;)

On 28/03/2022 at 05:55, saschaw said:

Here's another one that sold recently on German ebay, but this yellow and black ribbon is certainly not the right one. I still think "yours" is probably the proper ribbon, as I think I've seen it several times before.

;)

Thanks, I also found a bar with this medal on the Vitz website. . PS, off topic, I haven't seen your website updated for a long time, your website can not only buy things but also learn some knowledge, it's great:thumbup:

Here's another one, again on the trifold ribbon. I think we can now accept this ribbon as the "official" type, if we want to call something "official" here.

5 hours ago, 1812 Overture said:

PS, off topic, I haven't seen your website updated for a long time, your website can not only buy things but also learn some knowledge, it's great:thumbup:

You're too kind, thank you! I was sick, possibly with Covid, a few weeks ago, and thus needed a small break. My next update is scheduled for this Friday, and hopefully everything will work this time... 

Edited by saschaw

On 30/03/2022 at 22:55, saschaw said:

Here's another one, again on the trifold ribbon. I think we can now accept this ribbon as the "official" type, if we want to call something "official" here.

You're too kind, thank you! I was sick, possibly with Covid, a few weeks ago, and thus needed a small break. My next update is scheduled for this Friday, and hopefully everything will work this time... 

Oh! Oh my god! Unbelievable, I really hope you get well soon:speechless1: