News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Evening

Was wondering if anyone knew much about this regiment.. 

All I can find is a few items to the unit, such as a pouch badge, not much info besides the date 1870 in Owens book. 

Any info appreciated.

Thank you for the replies. An interesting read there Graham. 

Would that mean that the Volunteer Cavalry were an independent regiment or unit of the Natal Volunteers and were in existence sometime between 1854 and 1912 or that it was part of say the Natal Carbineers or Natal Mounted Rifles or even a predecessor of these regiments? 

Thanks,

Chris

Edited by Chrisvo

Hey all

Got some information from a friend that sort of gives on outline on Natal Cavalry Volunteers. 

The snippet shows the belt buckle and pouch badge with a bit of an explanation.

Seen both come up in previous auctions lately, which is what piqued my interest as I had never heard of this unit before. The pouch and pouch badge came up in an auction in Johannesburg and the belt buckle at one in Cape Town.

Got some pictures of the one auction lot. Quite a few rare badges included with the belt.

Regards,

Chris

NCV.jpg

Auction Lot.jpg

Auction Lot1.jpg

Auction Lot2.jpg

Edited by Chrisvo