News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Goodafternoon

the above mentioned officer started off his career in kurhessian militairy service an later changed to prussian militairy service. I would like to know more about him:

Wetzel, Franz
    (geboren Marburg 15.09.1772, gestorben 02.02.1850). Eintritt in landgräflich hessen-kasselischen Militärdiensten, 07.01.1788 Portepée-Fähnrich im Garde-Grenadier-Regiment, 21.03.1790 Versetzung (Fähnrich) zum Regiment Prinz Karl, 22.07.1792 Versetzung (Secondelieutenant, 21.07.1799 Premierlieutenant, 15.04.1804 Kapitain) zur Brigade leichte Truppen, 01.11.1806 beurlaubt.
    Eintritt in königlich westphalischen Militärdiensten, zuletzt als Bataillons-chef und Regimentsführer des 4. Linien-Infanterie-Regiment.
    Wiedereintritt in kurhessischen Militärdiensten, 18.05.1814 Stabskapitain im Garde-Grenadier-Regiment, 1814 verabschiedet.
    Eintritt in königlich preussischen Militärdiensten, 1817 Major im 6. rheinischen Landwehr-Regiment, zuletzt als Oberstlieutenant.
    OuE:-.
    Feldzugen und Mobilmachungen: 1805 gegen Frankreich (Mobilmachung).
    V.:-, M.:-, H.:-.
    Quelle: Woringer Kartei Bd. 29 Bl. 64.

If anyone would be able to help me out, it would be very much appreciated

PS I am currently working on a new project on this website:

https://guestuser-42141.owlstown.net/

PSS I also started a IG account on the kurhessian army: kurhessisches_Armeekorps.

Feel free to visit and/or follow

Edited by David M

Hello!

Franz Wetzel recieved as "chef de bataillon du 2e de ligne" the Order of the Crown of Westphalia (Knight 2d class) (november 9 1812), and the knight cross of the Legion of Honor (march 7 1813). He was also knight of the "Ordre de la Vertu Militaire de Hesse. (see my book: Histoire de distinctions honorifiques du royaume de Westphalie).

Have a good evening David!