News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Henry IV Legion d'Honneur

TacHel

I was offered a restauration Legion d'Honneur for purchase but the face of Henry IV is facing left vice right...  This caught me off guard and I passed...

Did I miss a good buy?  I simply couldn't find any reference to this version...  Any help would be appreciated.

Frank,

Without seeing an image impossible to be certain but sounds like it could have been a First Restoration piece (1814-15), often the centre was applied on a type 3 Napoleon LdH a rare beastie-but without seeing.....

P

• 2 weeks later...

Restauration  Period Crosses can be seen with Henry facing both left or right.

As Paul said the ones with Henry IV facing to the left are believed to be earlier production.

Some believe  that this is mainly makers variation then indication of early making.

15001_200_1.jpg

image2 (1).jpeg

RESTAUELOH.jpg

01.JPG

$_57.JPG

Hi Paul,

Some speculate that  the so called 1st Restoration LOH pieces are actually makers variations and it is difficult to separate them. That is contrary to the existing belief that the pieces with crown and three lilies on the reverse central medallion are 1st Restauration and the ones with only three lilies are from the 2nd Restauration period

Graf

1R original from MLoH (1).JPG

comrest1.jpg

$_59.JPG

couv.jpg

• 2 weeks later...