News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK1 1870 need some help

i found this 1870 EK1 on the Internet,the seller said it was made by GODET(G mark) 935 sliver, i want to know it was made in 1870 or later 1870-1914? he sell for 2000EUR l,it worth to buy it or not?

many thanks in advance!

wangyaokang

28IPQ}YG0MHC5(C59OAI90P.png

image_editor_1658249047236.jpg

Edited by wangyaokang2003

well the mark says Friedländer and not Godet, this is point 1, Friedländer was not an offical manufacteurer of the IC1 in 1870 that is point 2 and I personally don't like the needle. I know that there are IC1 out there with a needle pretty similar coming from Wagner & son. So to summarize it, I won't buy it. 

4 minutes ago, BlackcowboyBS said:

well the mark says Friedländer and not Godet, this is point 1, Friedländer was not an offical manufacteurer of the IC1 in 1870 that is point 2 and I personally don't like the needle. I know that there are IC1 out there with a needle pretty similar coming from Wagner & son. So to summarize it, I won't buy it. 

thanks for help ! 

That's the infamous "ninth bead fake"! These come with a ton of different markings and this one, admittedly, is the first one I see that claims to be a Gebr. Friedländer piece. But nevermind, easiest thing to spot is the well known fake die-struck(!) and painted core. Please see here for a great reference article that was published more than thirteen(!) years ago by one of our members...

;)

Edited by saschaw

8 hours ago, saschaw said:

那就是臭名昭著的“九珠假货”这些带有大量不同的标记,不可否认,这是我看到的第一个声称是Gebr 的标记。弗里德兰德作品。但没关系,最容易发现的是众所周知的假模压(!)和涂漆芯。在此处查看我们的一位成员在十三(!)多年前发表的一篇很棒的参考文章...

;)

thanks a lot i already read this web now!

best wishes