News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Are these French Fourrageres?

hirmiestelio

I am hoping that I have a Croix de Guerre and Medaille Militaire in this pile . . .but that's where I need help! Any thoughts on if these are these medals and if they are, any thoughts on eras? I took close-ups showing the different metal tips, too, in case that says something about them. Also . . . I think the Red and Green ones have two variations in the actual red/green cord. One of one type and two of the other. The red stripe is choppy where the other two the red is a continuous stripe. Do you think that means they are for two different medals or just different cord weaves?

DSC09463.JPG.260447a91372737956cf9b7c7de

Thanks for any input! I don't know anything about these!

On 29/07/2022 at 07:24, pat66 said:

hello, yes, " just different cord weaves?" for WWI war cross. Pat

atf_1810.jpg

Thanks so much! That makes me think of one more question to ask . . . is the cord weave different for the WWII version or was there only a version for the WWI medal? :) 

And do you think the yellow ones (or one of those) is for the Medaille Militaire?

• 1 month later...

Hi! Here are pictures of the last two that I have, and I'm hoping that these are MEdaille Militaire. There is a difference to the brass end, as one has a crown and one does not. Do you think these are for the Medaille Militaire? Thanks for any help! Really appreciate it!

image.thumb.png.1a1c6cfafcb3a1658e90ec3049a01c03.png

image.png.8f258800bd55b699ea13963a194d1ec3.png

• 2 weeks later...
    On 27/09/2022 at 13:59, aubagne98 said:

Hi,

the first are fourragere CdG which Americans wear.

The second ones (MM) are early ones, when the endings put in a button under the shoulder rank.

the "trefle" was introduced later.

The crown is decoration.

Oh, thanks ever so much! Appreciate this, as I was really hoping these were French medal ones and not a US ROTC thing. :) Also interesting about the early button type! I wondered about the differences!