News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Cast Iron Hitler head profile

Hello there,

I posted this in another forum (General Awards) and I don't think it was the right one, as this one appears to be more in this items league. I have wondered when this Hitler bust was made and exactly what it is. It appears to be part of a wall plaque or some sort of flat piece, as the back looks like it could be mounted somehow. It is hollow-backed and made of magnetic cast iron, and is very heavy. It was apparently found with a metal detector in Germany (so the story from the dealer goes). Has anyone seen one like this and know what the story is with it? It has always been a mystery for me.

Thanks,

Pat

Any help on this subject is welcome, despite the ominous piece of cast iron that is the subject. :catjava:

I really can't find much info on this type of bust, the closest I can come to is that it might have been meant for a plaque or to be mounted on something but was either never finished or damaged.

Thanks,

Pat

Hello,

Don't know how much help this might be but I have seen profile plaques of Hitler before & that would be my guess as to what it is. What size is it and when you say it looks like it could be mounted what do you mean? Is there a hook or something on it? I don't see one so just wondering. As I said I think it's just a Hitler profile plaque...but that's just my guess.

Duzig

Hi again,

The size of this is 7" by 4" and it as I said earlier, VERY heavy. Has anybody seen many of these profiles? I don't find much information on it anywhere.

Pat

Hello again,

I believe this is just a typical profile plaque of Hitler. I have seen them before and also other one's with Hindenburg and others.

Duzig

I have a honkin' big (13") one of Ludendorff that I always figured was intended for some kind of monument but discarded due to the casting flaw. You can see 2 nubs on the back that were probably to be drilled and tapped for mounting.[attachmentid=38477]

Is your Ludendorff head made of cast iron and magnetic? It appears to be a very similar item with the hollow back and all. Any idea if these are catalogued anywhere if they are valuable?

Pat

• 3 weeks later...