News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Sturmbataillon 14

I was fortunate to pick up this bayonet just recently at EBAY.

1916 Bayonet, Gottlieb Hammesfahr, Solingen. Unit marked :  “ST.B.14.1.94.” which stands for : Sturmbataillon 14, 1.Kompanie, Waffe 94.

The scabbard is mismatched but also unit marked : “Fea. 6. 2743.” which stands for : Fliegerersatzabteilung 6, Waffe 2743.  (Air Force Replacement Detachment)

As far as I know there are only three more unit marked bayonets of St.Btl.14 reported. See pic.

IMG_1922 (2).jpeg

IMG_1990 (1).jpeg

• 6 months later...

Hello Albert,,

the title is Formationsgeschichte der deutschen Infanterie im ersten Weltkrieg (1914 bis 1918) by Hartwig Busche.              The source of "Sturm-Bataillone" in that book originated from Hermann Cron in "Geschichte des deutschen Heeres im Weltkrieg 1914-1918" and H.R.von Stein " Die deutschen Sturm-Bataillone im Weltkrieg 1914/1918" in Zeitschrift fuer Heereskunde 1965, Seite 123. The source is mentioned as a footnote.

Best regards,

Klaus

16 hours ago, Klaus P. Schad said:

Hello Albert,,

the title is Formationsgeschichte der deutschen Infanterie im ersten Weltkrieg (1914 bis 1918) by Hartwig Busche.              The source of "Sturm-Bataillone" in that book originated from Hermann Cron in "Geschichte des deutschen Heeres im Weltkrieg 1914-1918" and H.R.von Stein " Die deutschen Sturm-Bataillone im Weltkrieg 1914/1918" in Zeitschrift fuer Heereskunde 1965, Seite 123. The source is mentioned as a footnote.

Best regards,

Klaus

Thank you very much Klaus, looks like this book is very rare, I can’t find any copy to buy or even a photo of the cover.

Cheers,

Albert