News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Couple Uncommon Medals

gjw

Hey all, got a couple medals you don't see everyday, while not rare, nice never the less

Wound Medal for one wound with Hungarian War Invalid Device.  Winter & Adler (WA) Marked

Karl Truppenkreuz in Aluminum.  No Makers Mark

Best,

Greg

IMG_0354_1_-removebg-preview.png

IMG_0355_1_-removebg-preview.png

• 1 year later...
    On 19/08/2022 at 22:51, gjw said:

Hey all, got a couple medals you don't see everyday, while not rare, nice never the less

Wound Medal for one wound with Hungarian War Invalid Device.  Winter & Adler (WA) Marked

Karl Truppenkreuz in Aluminum.  No Makers Mark

Best,

Greg

IMG_0354_1_-removebg-preview.png

IMG_0355_1_-removebg-preview.png

Hi Greg,

I’m still working on identifying the makers of my KTK and found this post while searching Winter & Adler.

They are the most common maker amongst the ones I have. However, unlike your wound medal, they are all marked W & A not the WA which is also attributed to Winter & Adler.

Your aluminium ktk reminded of a possible mark on my aluminium one that I had written off as a manufacturing mark and/or wishful thinking.There are many manufacturing marks on the edges of my one.

useless photo below..,

6373F1BB-4248-4FDF-825A-BCDAF4472365.thumb.jpeg.0345091fbc47ab1050764917ec429370.jpeg

So I’ve just had another look and now I reckon it is a WA stamp in a rectangle on the top edge next to the loop.

poor representation below…

92AC9BF0-5038-498C-9F65-11D3BFBE1FCF.thumb.jpeg.5093ad707b3a8507106f66bb685c3b93.jpeg

I wonder if your one also has a mark there? 🤞

tony 🍻