News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with translation - Order of the Lion and the Sun document

JohanH

Hello!

I recently bought some documents belonging to a Norwegian-Swedish business man named Even Christian Gjestvang. 

Among the documents are one that I think is from the Order of the Lion and the Sun, can anyone translate the document for me?

What does the text on the document say?

Attached are both sides of the large document. 

Iransk order 1.jpg

Iransk order 2.jpg

Edited by JohanH

• 2 weeks later...

This is the bestowal document for a first class order of lion and sun with red sash from the reign of Mohammad Ali Shah Qajar (8 January 1907-16 July 1909). 

I cannot make out the name of the recipient or the exact bestowal date due fancy script letters used. 

On 18/09/2022 at 11:30, g1usxs said:

This is the bestowal document for a first class order of lion and sun with red sash from the reign of Mohammad Ali Shah Qajar (8 January 1907-16 July 1909). 

I cannot make out the name of the recipient or the exact bestowal date due fancy script letters used. 

Thank you!

Interesting that he received it with red sash! I thought all foreigners got the green ribbon.