News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Peterson's "Orders and Medals"

TracA

Greetings,

I’m brand new to this forum and this site. I started collecting Japanese orders, decorations, and medals about 20 or 21 years ago, stopped altogether around 2006, and then about a year ago got back into it (with a bit of a vengeance, I might add) when trying to fill some holes in my collection. Despite owning Peterson’s “Orders and Medals…” since I began collecting I consider myself a novice. I have over the past several weeks, however, scoured GMIC’s Japan forum for its troves of absolutely great information as well as bookmarked and regularly visited JapanX’s outstanding Medals of Asia website. I also have memories of visiting Rich Catalano’s previous website back in the day as well as having some contact with Paul Murphy. Enough about me.

I recently purchased at auction a wonderful Order of the Rising Sun second class set that I hope to post some pictures of and ask some questions about in the future. For now, however, I have a simple request.

On the bottom of the presentation box is a sticker with the following writing “Japanese Order of the Rising Sun 2nd class” and then “p21”. I am assuming that “p21” stands for page 21 of Peterson’s work but the third edition (which I own) does not begin discussing the Order of the Rising Sun until page 22.

Would anyone have an older edition of Peterson and be able to tell me what is discussed on page 21 or, if it is permitted on GMIC, post a picture of page 21?

Thank you all.

Tracy

• 4 months later...

Page 21 of Orders & Medals of Japan and Associated States by James W. Peterson copyrighted August, 1967 by The Orders and Medals Society of America corresponds to pages 22 - 26 of Orders and Medals of Japan and Associated States, Third Addition, by James W. Peterson, revisions and additions by Barry C. Weaver and Michael A. Quigley, copyrighted 2000 by the Orders and Medals Society of America...