News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The St. Edward's (Queen's Crown) to be Used at the Coronation of King Charles III.

Several media outlets are to-day reporting that the St. Edward's (Queen's) Crown has been removed from the Tower of London to be "re-sized" for wear by King Charles III at his Coronation in June.

If true, this announcement will no doubt cause a degree of confusion, it being the Imperial State Crown (not the St. Edward's) which appears above the Monarch's newly introduced cipher. Readers will be aware that the Queen's Crown currently appears on the majority of current police (and military) badges. The College of Heralds have already indicated that there is no need for the Crown to be changed on any currently worn insignia.

It will be interesting to see what pattern of Crown is used on any "Crowned" images of the King which appear on medals etc.

Talk about sending mixed messages!

Dave.       

I'm not sure why this would be confusing?  The St Edward's Crown is the one used for Coronations, and has been since the 1600's.  Maybe some will be confused because it has been nearly 70 years since we had a Coronation, so they are not knowledgeable about the subject, but I'm sure by the time it's all said and done, most everyone will be well-versed in the ins-and-outs of Coronation Regalia.