News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Columbia Fe en la Causa award-?

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I  am looking for any information that you may have on the Fe en la Causa (Faith in the Cause) awards.  Date instituted, how many levels, pictures of the different levels, identified, etc.  I've asked Megan but want to ask in this sub forum for possibly wider dissemination.  I've posted pictures of some of the different grades I have pictures of.  Ribbon may vary for different services.

Regards,

Gordon 

25188801_1952915978309262_7009045044410923297_o.jpg

download.jpg

160310-D-PB383-019J.jpg

Hello Gentlemen,

Hello Gordon,

There is 4 Fé en la Causa, the one you show us here , is the one awarded in the name of the General Command of the Armed Forces of Colombia. I had in my collection, the breast one, but it's the first time I see one as a neck badge.

It exist also a Fé en la Causa for the Army, another one for the Navy, and a last one for the Air Force.

I only have seen them as breast badges (all the 4 above mentioned). But the quality of workmanship is very good for a modern medal.

Best regards.

Emmanuel

Hello Gentlemen,

Here is a photo obverse & reverse of the Fé en la Causa Medal from the Colombian Army "Medalla Fé en la Causa del Ejército Nacional", and in its red velvet case of issue.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Colombia Fe en Causa Ejercito obverse.jpg

Colombia Fe en Causa Ejercito reverse.jpg

Colombia Fe en Causa Ejercito in case.jpg

Hello Gentlemen, 

Here is the Medal Fé en la Causa of the Colombian Navy "Medalla Fé en la Causa de la Armada Nacional"; and YES the ribbon shown on Mr Prieto Web Page is incorrect

It's again a very beautifull and very well made modern medal.

Best regards.

E.Halleux

Colombia Navy Fe & la Causa Medal obverse.jpg

Colombia Navy Fe & la Causa Medal reverse.jpg

DECRETO 961 DE 8 DE MAYO 2012

MINISTERIO DE DEFENSA NACIONAL

Por el cual se crea la Medalla Militar “FE EN LA CAUSA” de la Armada Nacional y de la Fuerza Aérea Colombiana y se adiciona el Decreto No. 4444 del 29 de noviembre de 2010.

ARTÍCULO 2. CARACTERÍSTICAS DE LA JOYA DE LA ARMADA NACIONAL. La Joya de la Medalla Militar “Fe en la Causa” de la Armada consiste en una medalla esmaltada, de 55 mm de ancho por 55 mm de alto, con corona cóncava plateada de la cual pende un círculo en laurel donde estará expuesta una Rosa de los Vientos con el Escudo Heráldico de la Armada Nacional y en su base el emblema “FE EN LA CAUSA”. En la parte inferior de la joya vendrá una cinta dorada con la descripción del lema esculpido “PLUS - ARC - ULTRA”; esta joya penderá de una cinta de 40 mm, de ancho de color rojo, sobre la cual llevará bordado en el centro, de izquierda a derecha, franjas con los colores azul, rojo, rojo oscuro, azul cielo, amarillo, rojo, azul, morado claro y verde, cada una de 2 mm, colores representativos de las especialidades de la Armada Nacional. Al respaldo lleva impresa en alto relieve el escudo institucional de la Armada Nacional.

Decree 961 of May 8 2012

MINISTRY OF NATIONAL DEFENSE

By which the “faith in the cause” of the National Navy and the Colombian Air Force is created and Decree No. 4444 of November 29, 2010 is added.

Article 2. Characteristics of the National Navy jewel. The jewel of the military medal "faith in the cause" of the Navy consists of an enameled medal, 55 mm wide by 55 mm high, with a silver concave crown of which a circle in laurel hangs where a rose of the winds with the heraldic shield of the National Navy and at its base the emblem "faith in the cause". At the bottom of the jewel a golden ribbon will come with the description of the sculpted motto "Plus - Arc - Ultra"; This jewel will hit a 40 mm ribbon of red width, on which it will carry embroidery in the center, from left to right, stripes with the colors blue, red, dark red, sky blue, yellow, red, blue, light purple and green, each of 2 mm, representative colors of the specialties of the National Navy. The institutional shield of the National Navy is printed to the support.

The jewel is updated by decree of 2015, but the ribbon I dont know. I will modify it on my website. Thank you

Great images, Emmanuel.

The medal 'Faith in the Cause' was created to honour members of the Colombian Army who have been distinguished for their outstanding service, as well as to honour foreign military members who have earned the gratitude of the national army of Colombia.

To confuse the issue nicely, there are several different awards - one for the Armed Forces, then a separate one for each of the 3 branches of service: Army, Navy & Air Force - which all bear the name Medalla "Fé en la Causa"!

The Army were first, in 2011. creating the award as part of a 'hearts & minds' campaign to convince the nation that the Army was their friend, full of honourable and upstanding individuals. This is the one shown in the Facebook page you referenced, and its full title is Medalla "Fé en la Causa" del Ejército Nacional.

The other 2 services got in on the act in 2012, instituting the Medalla "Fé en la Causa" de la Armada Nacional and the Medalla "Fé en la Causa" de la Fuerza Aérea. I did find an image of the Air Force medal on a Colombian medal sales site, with a pale blue ribbon with narrow red, blue, and yellow edges.FAC0156-1.jpg

Then in 2014, there appeared the Medalla "Fé en la Causa" del Comando General de la Fuerzas Militar which I've seen in award ceremony pictures as both a neck & a chest award. It is a red-enamelled cross on a purple ribbon with narrow yellow, blue, and red edges. Still looking for a decent image of that too.

Edited by Megan
    Added the Air Force Medal image

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Gentlemen,

I have very very few time to post. But here is obverse & reverse : Colombia Medal Fe & la Causa for the Air Force.

The diameter of the pendant of the medal is 55 millimeter, but height with crown is 78 millimeters.

The Air Force one's is 71 Grammes.

The army one's on an above posted is 68 grammes.

The Navy one's is 72 grammes.

Size is similar for these 3 corps.

Made by GRANADOS en Bogota.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Colombia Air Force Fe & la Causa Medal obverse.jpg

Colombia Air Force Fe & la Causa Medal reverse.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Gentlemen,

And last of mine, the Medal Fé en la Causa awarded by the General High Command of the Armed Forces of Colombia.

It's the 2nd Class, as, due to photo, we now know it exist as a 1st Class award, in neck badge, but those are hard to get.

The cross in itselfs is 50 x 50 Millimeters. Total height with crown is 76 millimeters.

It's a very thick medal. Weight is 65 grammes.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Colombia Medal Fe en la Causa General Command Armed Forces obverse.jpg

Colombia Medal Fe en la Causa General Command Armed Forces obverse close up.jpg

Colombia Medal Fe en la Causa General Command Armed Forces reverse052.jpg

Colombia Medal Fe en la Causa General Command Armed Forces reverse close up.jpg

Colombia Medal Fe en la Causa General Command Armed Forces side (2).jpg