News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

If not a badge for Kampfgeschwader 30 than what is it?

Good day people,

Can someone please tell/confirm whether this enamelled badge belongs to Kampfgeschwader 30.... or that it is even German a badge for that matter and not something entirely different? The image on the badge seems to resemble the logo of the postwar  DSK Division (German Bundeswehr) more than WW2 Kampfgeschwader 30.

Thank you so much in advance for your replies

kampf.jpeg

rapid forces division.png

Kampfgeschwader_30.jpeg

I believe the emedals item is neither the 30th Geschwader or DSK emblem.

While the 30th rendition of eagle and its colors varied between its groups, the shape of the shield was always the same and very distinctive as pictured above.

The emblem of the DSK always featured an arrow in the background.

It could be anything, of any timeline really. Not recent manufacture, IMO,  but at this point we have to face the fact that 80's were closer, timeline-wise, to the Battle of Stalingrad than they are to present date. I wouldn't necessarily go by dealers description.

Edited by Matthew Macleod

• 1 month later...

It's just that I've already seen two online pictures of different LW collections that feature this specific pin, one of which from I suppose Russia - may even be the same pin physically. Anyhow, it certainly has that reverse (much obliged, Matthew, for the image)  so characteristic for WW2 LW unit and U-boat badges, but that goes for early German post-war badges as well. Looks like a cul-de-sac for now. Thank you again for your effort people!

6.jpeg

cs77.jpg