News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Albanian officer jacket M75

Hello

I have a question about albanian M75 officer jackets. Some officers have a closed collar jacket and other have an opened collar jacket. Why ? Did they have the choice ?

Here is a photo with 2 officers wearing a closed collar jacket.

FB_IMG_1566658319046.jpg.a98d49423383d6f744d985be30e6a188.jpg.fdc50eadc824ddda6d21272747698688.jpg

You didn't answer to my question ...

I know ranks were abolished in M66 uniforms and it is the same for M75. Opened collar jackets have been reintroduced in 1975, it is the reason you can see some  officers wearing these ones. But, some officers continued to wear closed collar jacket. And I am just wondering why some officers continued to wear the closed collar jacket while others wore an opened collar one.

Edited by Euronymous

• 4 weeks later...

Closed collar jacket is for field uniform and the opened collar jacket is for ceremonial or (furlough) uniform i don't know exactly the right word in English, in Albanian military terminology was: "Uniformë liridalje"  when officer go out in the city. 

Hi Euronymous,

The M.66 uniform had only one type of jacket, the one with a closed collar. The M.66 jacket was created under the Chinese influence of that period. The M.75 uniform provided that along with it, jackets with an open collar were reintroduced. In this model, the jacket with a closed collar was for the training uniform. The jacket with an open collar was for the office uniform.

The officers of your picture, wear M.66 Uniform, around 1970. This is understood by the hat they wear, which has a shelter covered with stuff. This type of hat was introduced on 1969.

What is the difference between a M.66 with closed collar jacket and an M.75 closed collar jacket? The M.66 has buttons on the edge of the shoulder straps.

In this picture, you can see three officers in M.75 uniform (w/o buttons on the shoulder straps).

Regards,

Zaim

M75 Of 693.jpg

Edited by Zaim Qyteza

• 2 months later...