News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial Service Medal

Hi All, I picked up two case Imperial Service Medals with cases at the Show of Shows this past weekend. While I don't collect British awards these jumped out at me due to the fine case. Both are of the Queen Elizabeth II period and I was told these are the earlier version. Both are named; Stanley Eason and Edward Henry Wingrave. I was told these maybe reseachable. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Imperial Service Medal 1 and 2 A.jpg

Imperial Service Medal 1 and 2 B.jpg

6 hours ago, Nick said:

Try the Gazette 11th April 1958 mentions Imperial Service Medal Edward Henry Wingrave Engine fitter HM Dockyard Portsmouth. 

Is searching the Gazette a subscription service?

I am banging my head against the wall with using the Gazette to research names on the Imperial Service Medal. I found one named to James Edward Danks:

VINTAGE IMPERIAL SERVICE MEDAL AND AWARD LETTER. | eBay

I go to the main page of the Gazette and click all notices then do a text search on the name and nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

The fastest way I've found is to search as follows:

"surname first name middle name" supplement [Assuming there is more than one first name on the medal]

You can enter a date range based on the obverse of the medal if you get too many hits.

Searching Eason this way turned up one hit - the right one. https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/45877/supplement/571

Michael