News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Possible to find information about death-dates of Danish citizens?

I have never come across anything official... the Centrale Personregister (CPR) would have the information, but is restricted and not open to public queries. Also it was created sometime in the 1960's, so wouldn't have older deaths registered anyway...

Sorry to not be of more help... :unsure:

What I normally do for any Danish 'non-celebrity' - provided he was decorated with the Order of Dannebrog - is to see when he disappears from the Court- and State-Calendars. Not a fool-proof method (those calendars are not 100% accurate), but 9 out of 10 times the result is valid.

This method only works for those awarded the Dannebrog before, say, 1960s, since newer calendars only list those that received the order in the previous year (i.e. not all living recipients).

Edited by Great Dane

Damn!

I was hoping there was an easy way to find information about regular Danes who did not receive any high orders or were "celebrities". 

I know about Find a grave but I was hoping there would be something similar to the Swedish/Norwegian search-possibilities. 

Thank you both for your tips! 

• 1 month later...