News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My First DDR Medals

Howdy all, well, got my first DDR Awards today. Excited to start a new collecting field.

Thanks all for getting me started and for all your assistance. You've all been great! Thanks also to GermanDot for the fast shipping

Will be posting more as they come in.

Best Regards

Greg

20230710_165309.jpg

20230710_165324.jpg

20230710_165329.jpg

22 hours ago, gjw said:

Howdy all, well, got my first DDR Awards today. Excited to start a new collecting field.

Thanks all for getting me started and for all your assistance. You've all been great! Thanks also to GermanDot for the fast shipping

Will be posting more as they come in.

Best Regards

Greg

20230710_165309.jpg

20230710_165324.jpg

20230710_165329.jpg

Hi Greg,

As you know my true love is Austro Hungarian… like so many of us though I’ve been attracted to many other Nations awards, in my case usually because I spot a pretty thing at a good price. 😊

If I remember correctly you are in the US? How do you assess the prices you pay after post and taxes? Not just on these but generally…  I’ve bought things from the US and with smaller items the cost has doubled in some cases. Do you experience the same problem?

Also, while I’m here so to speak, are you finding items that were issued or unissued? Generally I pick up the tatty and torn which suits me fine, but boxed and complete with bar ribbon is a great option to have…

These Hungarian awards, that I presume are 4 civilian & 1 military (same recipient) are among the few I have complete in their own original boxes…

760C1107-C475-4364-ABF6-6BD28646CC2C.thumb.jpeg.262f52acd01eac9981c467e06d8a1de9.jpeg
    5598640A-CFEE-439C-B02B-80F8E13B8577.thumb.jpeg.58c7f6d1496930e046692b48a26780ba.jpeg

20070A15-BD11-423B-9430-1E243C52539E.thumb.jpeg.7f9d10c75363c350e35eebaff14d9388.jpeg

I look forward to seeing what you find 👍

Happy Hunting!!

tony 🍻

On 11/07/2023 at 15:50, Farkas said:

Hi Greg,

As you know my true love is Austro Hungarian… like so many of us though I’ve been attracted to many other Nations awards, in my case usually because I spot a pretty thing at a good price. 😊

If I remember correctly you are in the US? How do you assess the prices you pay after post and taxes? Not just on these but generally…  I’ve bought things from the US and with smaller items the cost has doubled in some cases. Do you experience the same problem?

Also, while I’m here so to speak, are you finding items that were issued or unissued? Generally I pick up the tatty and torn which suits me fine, but boxed and complete with bar ribbon is a great option to have…

These Hungarian awards, that I presume are 4 civilian & 1 military (same recipient) are among the few I have complete in their own original boxes…

760C1107-C475-4364-ABF6-6BD28646CC2C.thumb.jpeg.262f52acd01eac9981c467e06d8a1de9.jpeg
    5598640A-CFEE-439C-B02B-80F8E13B8577.thumb.jpeg.58c7f6d1496930e046692b48a26780ba.jpeg

20070A15-BD11-423B-9430-1E243C52539E.thumb.jpeg.7f9d10c75363c350e35eebaff14d9388.jpeg

I look forward to seeing what you find 👍

Happy Hunting!!

tony 🍻

Hello Tony, like you I love my A-H awards.  But, I thought I'd expand my collection to another venue.  I decided on DDR awards, as they are fairly inexpensive (for now) and are generally in excellent to mint condition.  The cases are cheap plastic, but some have nicer cases for not much money also.  It's not to hard to get a nice collection.

As far as costs go, I have some favorite dealers I trust.  I do have other collectors I've bought from that I trust also.  Don't do much on Ebay, but have.  The killer for me is the postage.  It can be expensive from  Europe to the US.  I live in a sparsely populated state (North Dakota) and we have no militaria shows.  The closest is 9 hours away in St Paul/Mpls.  So for me, it's the internet or even Facebook Groups.  I try to combine orders to save on postage.  I guess all in all, it's more expensive than if I where in Europe or Great Britain.

Thanks BTW for all your kind words on my posts, much appreciated!

I also enjoy your posts, very informative and helpful.

Best Regards!

Greg

On 13/07/2023 at 09:30, gjw said:

Hello Tony, like you I love my A-H awards.  But, I thought I'd expand my collection to another venue.  I decided on DDR awards, as they are fairly inexpensive (for now) and are generally in excellent to mint condition.  The cases are cheap plastic, but some have nicer cases for not much money also.  It's not to hard to get a nice collection.

As far as costs go, I have some favorite dealers I trust.  I do have other collectors I've bought from that I trust also.  Don't do much on Ebay, but have.  The killer for me is the postage.  It can be expensive from  Europe to the US.  I live in a sparsely populated state (North Dakota) and we have no militaria shows.  The closest is 9 hours away in St Paul/Mpls.  So for me, it's the internet or even Facebook Groups.  I try to combine orders to save on postage.  I guess all in all, it's more expensive than if I where in Europe or Great Britain.

Thanks BTW for all your kind words on my posts, much appreciated!

I also enjoy your posts, very informative and helpful.

Best Regards!

Greg

I agree that it is good idea to start a new line of collecting and gradually build up That we all collectors do

Yes Tony dedication is very impressive