News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Greetings, this chain came up the other day, and except for the obvious damage on the EK I didn't notice anything before I looked at the 25-year service award for officers. It seems to be a mini of the 2. form (1826-1845). Does it make sense? The other awards are 1866 and onwards. I was looking if I could find a similar example but no luck.

Grateful for any insight, best regards

IMG_6104.png

IMG_6100.png

IMG_6099.png

IMG_6103.png

On 17/07/2023 at 17:14, VtwinVince said:

I like it, you don't often see the Langensalza medal on a Kette.

For the price it’s a nice piece If it hasn’t been messed with for sure

On 16/07/2023 at 20:23, Jstrom said:

(...) seems to be a mini of the 2. form (1826-1845). Does it make sense?

Totally not, no. The wearer was a Prussian officer who started his career in the kingdom of Hanover, which was annexed into Prussia, and he subsequently served with his former enemy. He would probably not receive the long service award until the 1880s. These slight differences that are suitable for dating full-size awards often do not adapt to miniatures. One could call it artistic freedom...

Edited by saschaw

On 25/07/2023 at 20:09, saschaw said:

Totally not, no. The wearer was a Prussian officer who started his career in the kingdom of Hanover, which was annexed into Prussia, and he subsequently served with his former enemy. He would probably not receive the long service award until the 1880s. These slight differences that are suitable for dating full-size awards often do not adapt to miniatures. One could call it artistic freedom...

Very interesting times when Germany still wasn't unified, and then not long after you're serving under the Prussian crown.

Anyways - yes, you're right. Details vary, and I suppose artistic freedom applies even to the more ''high-end'' manufacturers like Godet.

I ended up getting it, thanks for the help