News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

AH Naval shoulder boards and insignia

WJT

Bilol,

The Shoulder boards belong to a 'Stabsmaschinwaerter' - summer uniform.

The propellor and crown are for the left sleeve of either an 'Oberstabsmaschinwaerter', 'Stabsmaschinwaerter' or a 'Maschinwaerter'- winter uniform.

I have a very similar set, but mine are for a 'Maschinwaerter'

A very, very nice set of k.u.k. kriegsmarine uniform accoutrements.

Regards,

Ian

Much pleased for the info, is there a reference foe these type of things.

Here are some more items. Moth eaten but still hanging in there.

Regards

Bill

IMG_1220.jpeg

There are refence books in German readily available.  I have several and luckily for me they are not difficult to translate.

The shoulder boards are for an officer of the a 'kaiserschutzen' regiment, Emperor Karl period (late 1916/early 1917 until 1918).

The two cap badges you have are for a 'higher' level matrosen (sailor) (FJ1 = Franz Josef 1) and the other cap badge (K = Karl) goes along with your 'Stabsmaschinwaerter' items.

1 hour ago, Ian said:

There are refence books in German readily available.  I have several and luckily for me they are not difficult to translate.

The shoulder boards are for an officer of the a 'kaiserschutzen' regiment, Emperor Karl period (late 1916/early 1917 until 1918).

The two cap badges you have are for a 'higher' level matrosen (sailor) (FJ1 = Franz Josef 1) and the other cap badge (K = Karl) goes along with your 'Stabsmaschinwaerter' items.

Nice information