News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Res.Gren.Btl 102 / 4. (MG) Komp.

I have couple feldposts from this unit. Different soldiers. Obergefreiter H.Schreiber, and Grenadier Gottfried Reichel, there are some more, but I can't decipher them. 

They are from 1943/44.

Earliest is from 08.02.1943, while the latest from 12.03.1944. Location General Gouverment (Poland), Kielce, back then District Radom.

Kielce is my city.

I tried to track back this unit, but I can't find anything.

Res.Gren.Btl 102 / 4. (MG) Komp. This topic titule comes from the postage stamp, while soldiers themselves wrote it as 4./Res.-Gr.-Btl.102.

Any help is welcome.

Edited by Materia

It looks like the bataillon was part of Reserve-Grenadier-Rgt 209 of Division Nr 174 which was formed in Chemnitz in July 1940. It was renamed 174.Reserve-Division in September 1942 in Lublin and in July 1944 it was absorbed by 26.Infanterie-Division.

Unfortunately, what records exist for '174' have yet to be digitised and made available online so can only be copied by attending the archives in person or hiring a researcher:

https://invenio.bundesarchiv.de/invenio/direktlink/422a871e-9228-42f4-a6ab-5448272aed2e/