News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

UNKNOWN SMALL MEDALS

Gordon Craig

Gentlemen,

I acquired two copies of the same medal, in a wooden box, and I have not been able to identify these medals so I seeking assistance in doing that.  Two questions; 1-please identify the medals and let me know what the Japanese characters say in English; 2-Are they in the correct box? What do the characters on the box mean?  If they are not in the correct box, what should be in this box?

Regards,

Gordon 

DSC04888a.JPG

DSC04889a.JPG

Dear Gentlemen,

Note:  Regarding  " - Chinese " or " - Japanese ". Both kanjis are logographic Chinese characters that were taken from the Chinese script.

Both variants can be found on cases for Japanese awards

紀念 - Commemorative/Souvenir 

記念 - Commemorative

紀念 = 記念 = Kinen

Gentlemen,

Thanks for letting me know what the characters on the box translate to.  So I am halfway there.  I imagine if either of you recognized the medal that you would have commented?  Would it be possible for one of you to tell me what the characters on the medal translate to in English?  That would answer my second half of the question.

Regards,

Gordon