News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Is this a genuine group?

Would be interested to learn, whether this is a genuine group or not. It’s clearly a set of miniatures. But I’m struggling to find a CGC winner who was also awarded the MSM under the King. I think I’m right in thinking that they’ll only be -

New Years Honours 2023 

Birthday Honours 2023

New Years Honours 2024

According to the gov.uk announcement in October 2023, King’s effigy MSM only came into existence that year, which means this recipient would have had to have been on the New Years Honours 2024 list for their MSM. But there appears to be only one Army recipient and he isn’t documented as having the CGC.

Unless I’m missing something? 

IMG_1728.jpeg

There might well be someone who has such a combination - but was awarded an EIIR MSM.The mounter just using whatever 'reign' type they had in hand....

Miniature medal mounters, since way back, are occasionally known to substitute medals of different (wrong) reigns, and medal types. There was even a time when plain blank medal discs would be mounted as a temporary measure on the otherwise correct ribands, as the actual medal was not yet available from suppliers......

On 15/02/2024 at 17:18, bigjarofwasps said:

Would be interested to learn, whether this is a genuine group or not. It’s clearly a set of miniatures. But I’m struggling to find a CGC winner who was also awarded the MSM under the King. I think I’m right in thinking that they’ll only be -

New Years Honours 2023 

Birthday Honours 2023

New Years Honours 2024

According to the gov.uk announcement in October 2023, King’s effigy MSM only came into existence that year, which means this recipient would have had to have been on the New Years Honours 2024 list for their MSM. But there appears to be only one Army recipient and he isn’t documented as having the CGC.

Unless I’m missing something? 

IMG_1728.jpeg

Nice looking group, it counts for nothing in reality but ‘it doesn’t look like a put together to me’ was my first reaction 👍

12 hours ago, Aberdeen Medals said:

There might well be someone who has such a combination - but was awarded an EIIR MSM.The mounter just using whatever 'reign' type they had in hand....

Miniature medal mounters, since way back, are occasionally known to substitute medals of different (wrong) reigns, and medal types. There was even a time when plain blank medal discs would be mounted as a temporary measure on the otherwise correct ribands, as the actual medal was not yet available from suppliers......

👆 Makes good sense to me.

Cheers

tony 🍻

Quick Rant.

Petty of me I know but nonetheless…

I find it a annoying that the NATO medal has precedence over our own, even over the two in places 3&4. I guess it’s the dates that decided that, though I can’t make out the bar on #3.  

I’d like our own awards first, nato and or foreign at the end, and if the argument is that the NATO medal was hard earned then we should have our own award for recognition of that.

As someone who never served I may be wrong but I believe there should be far more recognition for military service.
    If they can give them out for workers ‘sticking needles in arms’ then why not for more valiant things…

Rant over.