News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

N.Ireland casualty, Officer mess kit on EBay.

Hi Gents,

just a quick heads up for anyone interested in militaria from the Northern Ireland conflict… I just saw there is currently a mess kit for sale on EBay attributed to Colonel Eaton T.D. murdered in cold blood by the IRA in 1976. 

E92A4E43-1C74-4A74-BABF-B9DE7A4AA5CC.thumb.jpeg.52a8debb56eeef3fb78f7ded3325d599.jpeg

Col. Oliver Eaton T.D., General Staff and North Irish Horse, killed by the I.R.A. 30/06/1976.

Item no : 276115881889

ABCA6F44-917E-4BA7-86B2-F72B95893367.thumb.jpeg.798417b98e6984b55fa90eb90a477e3d.jpeg

Nowt that special in itself but nice if the troubles are your area of interest.

cheers

tony 🍻

• 3 weeks later...
    On 17/02/2024 at 07:50, Farkas said:

Hi Gents,

just a quick heads up for anyone interested in militaria from the Northern Ireland conflict… I just saw there is currently a mess kit for sale on EBay attributed to Colonel Eaton T.D. murdered in cold blood by the IRA in 1976. 

E92A4E43-1C74-4A74-BABF-B9DE7A4AA5CC.thumb.jpeg.52a8debb56eeef3fb78f7ded3325d599.jpeg

Col. Oliver Eaton T.D., General Staff and North Irish Horse, killed by the I.R.A. 30/06/1976.

Item no : 276115881889

ABCA6F44-917E-4BA7-86B2-F72B95893367.thumb.jpeg.798417b98e6984b55fa90eb90a477e3d.jpeg

Nowt that special in itself but nice if the troubles are your area of interest.

cheers

tony 🍻

Nice work Tony

On 08/03/2024 at 10:37, Graf said:

Nice work Tony

Should be with family in my opinion but probably them that’s sold/selling it.

I hope it found the right home 🤞

tony 🍻

13 hours ago, Farkas said:

Should be with family in my opinion but probably them that’s sold/selling it.

I hope it found the right home 🤞

tony 🍻

Yes, it is sad that families from one or other reason depart from such items

Every time when i am approached by family members for opinion whether to sell or to keep similar items I do my best to convince them to keep them.Their are significant part from the family history Once gone they are gone

On 15/03/2024 at 12:16, Graf said:

Yes, it is sad that families from one or other reason depart from such items

Every time when i am approached by family members for opinion whether to sell or to keep similar items I do my best to convince them to keep them.Their are significant part from the family history Once gone they are gone

I saw a ww1 trio on eBay, a really poor looking listing, starting price £60, the main pic was just one of the medals and it wasn’t clear it was for 3.

In the description he said they were his Grandfathers…

I was the only bidder with not long to go. 
    So he was not sure to get much more.

I messaged him. I said cancel it and keep them. Said, like you do, he’ll regret it one day. He was young and wasn’t convinced. Turns out his Grandmother was still alive which made his attitude even more disappointing.

I said ‘at least if you’re going to sell them you should get a decent price’ 

I suggested new listing, better pictures etc, include a photo or 2 preferably in uniform and/or some ‘junk’ from his drawer or odd things to bulk it & to try and ‘personalise’ the medals.

He cancelled the listing to do that.

A week later he messaged & told me he was keeping them. Happily after talking to his GMother and seeing some photos of his GFather in uniform he found that connection that had been missing at first.

There aren’t too many things I’ve done that I feel made a real difference but I will remember that one for a while.

cheers

tony 🍻