News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Post Anschluss medal bar

V_Firu

It's an interesting feature. There were some solutions for it.

We could assume that the bar belonged to an (f.e. engineer) officer who startet his career als "Fähnrich" in WW1. He could have owned a "Bronzene" or "Kleine Silberne" Tapferkeitsmedaille (nr. 5 ribbon - there was mounted a small medal or cross), then he received the "Bronzene Militärverdienstmedaille" (nr. 4 ribbon - there was mounted a medal or cross with a crown), then "Militärverdienstkreuz 3. Kl. mit Kriegsdekoration und Schwertern" (nr. 3 ribbon - there was mounted a cross without crown) and then a "Ritterkreuz des Franz Joseph-Ordens" (nr. 2 ribbon - there was mounted a bigger cross without crown suspension). KVK II on nr. 1 ribbon is out of question. The blue one should have been a 25 years service cross, followed by the "Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 13. März 1938" (illegal nazi!). Then red cross "Ehrenzeichen 2. Kl. mit der Kriegsdekoration" (most probably) and on last position a red cross medal.

Just one option which would fit.

A less likely option would be an officer of medical or veterinarian service. He would have earned a "Goldenes Verdienstkreuz am Bande der Tapferkeitsmedaille" (nr. 5 ribbon), a "Goldenes Verdienstkreuz mit der Krone am Bande der Tapferkeitsmedaille" (nr. 4 ribbon), a "Bronzene Militärverdienstmedaille am Bande des Militärverdienstkreuzes" (nr. 4 ribbon), no idea for nr. 3 ribbon (that makes it less likely), and a "Ritterkreuz des Franz Joseph-Ordens mit der Kriegsdekoration" (nr. 2 ribbon).

Regards

Christian

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Christian1962 for the valuable information you shared and the real detective work to help me identify the missing medals!

When I will be able to restore the bar, I will post the "after" pictures.

On 18/02/2024 at 06:27, Christian1962 said:

It's an interesting feature. There were some solutions for it.

We could assume that the bar belonged to an (f.e. engineer) officer who startet his career als "Fähnrich" in WW1. He could have owned a "Bronzene" or "Kleine Silberne" Tapferkeitsmedaille (nr. 5 ribbon - there was mounted a small medal or cross), then he received the "Bronzene Militärverdienstmedaille" (nr. 4 ribbon - there was mounted a medal or cross with a crown), then "Militärverdienstkreuz 3. Kl. mit Kriegsdekoration und Schwertern" (nr. 3 ribbon - there was mounted a cross without crown) and then a "Ritterkreuz des Franz Joseph-Ordens" (nr. 2 ribbon - there was mounted a bigger cross without crown suspension). KVK II on nr. 1 ribbon is out of question. The blue one should have been a 25 years service cross, followed by the "Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 13. März 1938" (illegal nazi!). Then red cross "Ehrenzeichen 2. Kl. mit der Kriegsdekoration" (most probably) and on last position a red cross medal.

Just one option which would fit.

A less likely option would be an officer of medical or veterinarian service. He would have earned a "Goldenes Verdienstkreuz am Bande der Tapferkeitsmedaille" (nr. 5 ribbon), a "Goldenes Verdienstkreuz mit der Krone am Bande der Tapferkeitsmedaille" (nr. 4 ribbon), a "Bronzene Militärverdienstmedaille am Bande des Militärverdienstkreuzes" (nr. 4 ribbon), no idea for nr. 3 ribbon (that makes it less likely), and a "Ritterkreuz des Franz Joseph-Ordens mit der Kriegsdekoration" (nr. 2 ribbon).

Regards

Christian

i love it when you do this Christian 🍻

3 hours ago, V_Firu said:

Thank you Christian1962 for the valuable information you shared and the real detective work to help me identify the missing medals!

it will be worth it, it’s a lovely bar 🍻

15 hours ago, V_Firu said:

You are welcomed. I would be interested to look onto your efforts.

Regards

Christian

11 hours ago, Farkas said:

i love it when you do this Christian 🍻

it will be worth it, it’s a lovely bar 🍻

@tony: I like these kind of challenges. I have studied about 3.000 bios of Austrian interwar officers, in some cases I could find out the owner and give a bar a name.

Regards

Christian