News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Question about an LDO case

I bought an LDO case without print at the top here at the forum-the case is a perfect late war one without a print at the top.These case where used for all kind of medals.Now my question-some collectors I know are the oppinion,that the number 621 was used for iron crosses and the number 643 for woundbadges...To tell the truth...I've never thought about this-Is it true or just a rumor?

Micha

Yeah this was my research on the WAF; 621 BASES and only this 621 etc is only for those marked KB, when marked and are used for the likes of EK1, KVK1, Ost Volker and a couple of others.

D&B is the other 'maker' marked version, they have a another digit and letter system and in alot of instances the construction parts of the box are marked with different codes, for top and bottom etc

643 (KB) is not for wound badges, thats for certain other awards, the odd Luft and even Spanish Cross (latter case)

629(KB) is for the Wound Badge, in both the thicker 'shaped' base and the latter more flatter thinner marked base again when marked of course.

Kr

Marcus