News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Difference between different bulgarian soldiers crosess emission 1880-1913, Bulgaria

Hello, I'm planning of collecting all 4 degrees of the bulgarian soldier cross and the officers cross.

Could someone tell what is the difference between the emission in the first two pictures and the emission of the third picture. 

I want to know which emission was made first, till when was it awarded, in what country was it made.

Any information is helpful 

Screenshot_20240428_125435_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20240428_125508_Chrome.jpg

20240428_124715.jpg

All those crosses are from the the first emission with the "seven points" Awarded during the Balkan Wars

The second emission is with the "1915' Those crosses were awarded during WW1 In the beginning of the WW2 left overs from the "1915" emissions were awarded

In the late stages of WW2 the "1941" emission crosses were awarded mainly to German military persons Those crosses had Austrian/German style triangular ribbons They are made by the German Company Zimmerman Their quality is much better This is the only emission that have a bronze Cross

The vast majority of soldiers crosses were made in Bulgaria There are samples of the first two emissions made by Austrian and German companies Their quality is very good this.Some of them made from  800 0r 925 Silver

There are single samples of "1945' emission  made in Bulgaria however they were never approved and awarded Their quality is bad

The crosses had different ribbons

The standard ones followed the design for the Classes from 1 to 4

First Class - Gilded Cross with crossed ribbon

Second Class - Gilded Cross with straight ribbon

Third Class Silvered Cross with Crossed ribbon

Fourth Class Silvered Cross with straight ribbon

There were also crosses with pentagonal ribbon seen in all emission I believe this was the choice of the awarded person

There were also crosses awarded to medical Staff without swords

0oooo.jpg

005.JPG.221414c4f070f7a187fa55d6e3dbdd5a.JPG

AC63B0A1-9D3F-4E22-8238-EEB2DC02DBE2.png.d2ab7a5348f4cc0b84034025e65ba002.png

006.JPG

011.JPG

9134.jpg

1506813_826899710704520_7898720582201990462_n.jpg

005.JPG

1915bar1.jpg

Edited by Graf

001 (2).JPG

005 (2).JPG

006.JPG

19 hours ago, Bratovanov.T said:

Thank you so much, you made things so clear!

Welcome

Good luck in your collecting

My advice is to start with the standard Crosses and once you get experience you can start looking for more rare ones.

Remember - The soldiers crosses (and also the Officers  ones) without swords are made without swords. If someone offers you a cross with cut off swords it is not an original one The swords have been cut off for profit, since those crosses demand higher prices Also one of their feature  is that they are smaller and slimmer than the standard crosses with swords

Cheers

BTW If you have not found yet - to make the pictures bigger you have to click with the right button of your browser on the desired picture

Cheers

Posted (edited)
    2 hours ago, Bratovanov.T said:

Here is my current collection of bravery crosess from the Balkan wars.

I know that I have two degrees of second  class i just don't want to spend more money on a soldier's crosses.

Will make updates when I collect the officers cross and the 1,2,4 envelopes!!!!

20240429_153655.jpg

20240429_153659.jpg

20240429_153745.jpg

20240429_153647.jpg

Nice small collection

You do not need to get more Good decision to go now to the Officers Classes I suppose from the "seven points" Emission 

Fourth Class of the Officer Cross from this emission has only Second Grade are is more affordable

as the highest Classes The First grade of the Fourth Class  was introduced for the First time in the '1915' emission The next emissions of the Fourth Class all of them have First and Second Grade

The fourth Class from the "seven  points' emission has two main variations with fat lion and with a slim lion in the central medallion

Also there are some other rare variations of the Fourth Class

-- with the lily

- with the elongated ear this variation is considered to be the very first issue of the  Fourth Grade Cross/Badge

- without swords for Doctors and Clergy man

I discovered that it was made in France

-

Edited by Graf

2 hours ago, Graf said:

Nice small collection

You do not need to get more Good decision to go now to the Officers Classes I suppose from the "seven points" Emission 

Fourth Class of the Officer Cross from this emission has only Second Grade are is more affordable

as the highest Classes The First grade of the Fourth Class  was introduced for the First time in the '1915' emission The next emissions of the Fourth Class all of them have First and Second Grade

The fourth Class from the "seven  points' emission has two main variations with fat lion and with a slim lion in the central medallion

Also there are some other rare variations of the Fourth Class

-- with the lily

- with the elongated ear this variation is considered to be the very first issue of the  Fourth Grade Cross/Badge

- without swords for Doctors and Clergy man

I discovered that it was made in France

-

OK thank you for the information. What is the price right now for a 4 class emission with 7 dots with and without swords? I think there boxes go around 125-150 euros (250-300 leva).

Also why the boxes cost so much? Is it because they were awarded in the trenches and the soldier's just threw away the boxes?

7 hours ago, Bratovanov.T said:

OK thank you for the information. What is the price right now for a 4 class emission with 7 dots with and without swords? I think there boxes go around 125-150 euros (250-300 leva).

Also why the boxes cost so much? Is it because they were awarded in the trenches and the soldier's just threw away the boxes?

The cost will be around 250 Euro Without swords 450-500 Euro  Price of a box for Second Class must be no more then 100 Euro

The boxes are rarer then the Orders because many have been damaged or lost Very unlikely to be thrown away in the trenches Do not forget they were awarded to Officers  Also do not forget that during the Communist Period many of those awards were banned and many people had to hide them and it will be much easier without box.

I looked at the Bulgarian site Balkan Auction The prices of the Awards and boxes are quite high The problem is that the interest in Bulgarian Awards have increased and The number of the awards on the market is not very high

Be patient and follow the market Something will pop up at some point