News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Two related questions.

I understand that the British government announced some years ago that no new field marshals would be created. The uniforms of the ones extant therefore had/have only Queen's Crown

(E II) buttons.  With the ascension of Charles III to the throne, I assume there is no requirement to 'swap out' the earlier buttons for a 'King's Crown' pattern.  

1. That said, is it likely any will be produced?

"Why is he asking such a stupid question?" you may ask.

Well, I have several uniform displays of British Field Marshal uniforms with only General Officer pattern buttons. Why? Because I have NEVER, after more than a decade of searching, been able to secure original or copy King's Crown field marshal buttons, until this past week when I bought one 22mm specimen online, hideously priced.

2. Does anyone have a source for these?

Unknown-48.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
    On 19/06/2024 at 12:50, filfoster said:

FARKAS:  'Close, but no cigar!' as they say.  Let me know if you ever find any of these, thank you!

Honestly I didn’t even know they existed.

& I think you did well to find even one!

There won’t be many in the first place and those that exist probably remain on the items they were produced for. With nothing really causing a FM to swap out buttons 🤷‍♂️

I don’t know but maybe these people can help 👇

https://www.historybunker.com

A7A7B02F-69D2-40AB-A0EE-6E5FC0703FD8.thumb.png.4a4f828844e8fa0f794e973cfdbccb7d.png

They have a collection of genuine uniforms, and make reproduction uniforms, for films/tv and others.

They must have access to reproduction buttons (what quality?) to do that surely. And they do offer a sourcing service too.

I’d try them mate 🤞

best of luck

tony 🍻