News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gentlemen, this is what I have on Karl Hermann Freiherr von Trotha (18 September 1804 – 23 May 1891). Any corrections or additions, as always, very welcome:

??.??.???? (Avantageur? Fähnrich?)

22 April 1822 Seconde-Lieutenant (2nd Lieutenant)

4 October 1824 Premier-Lieutenant (1st Lieutenant)

19 April 1830 Rittmeister

14 April 1836 Rittmeister 1st Class

7 April 1839 Major

29 October 1840 Oberst-Lieutenant (Lieutenant Colonel)

24 July 1844 Oberst (Colonel)

25 August 1852 Charakter als Generalmajor (Honorary Major General)

... 1 January 1852 Patent as Generalmajor with Rank Seniority from 25 August 1852

27 April 1859 Charakter als General-Lieutenant (Honorary Lieutenant General)

... 26 July 1860 Patent as General-Lieutenant with Rank Seniority from 27 April 1859

26 April 1871 General der Kavallerie (General of the Cavalry)

Grand Ducal Hessian Ludwig (Ludewig) Order, Knight's Cross 1st Class (GHL3a/HL3a) on 20 December 1833

Imperial Russian Sankt-Stanislaus-Orden, II. Class (RSt2), permission to accept and wear in October 1840

Grand Ducal Hessian Ludwig (Ludewig) Order, Commander's Cross 2nd Class (GHL2b/HL2b) on 8 January 1841

Electoral Hessian House Order of the Golden Lion, Commander's Cross 1st Class in 1847

Grand Ducal Hessian Order of Merit of Philip the Magnanimous (Verdienstorden Philipps des Großmütigen), Commander 1st Class (GHVP2a/HP2a) on 9 June 1850

Austrian Imperial Order of Leopold, Commander (ÖL2), permission to accept and wear on 4 July 1851

Hanoverian Guelphic Order, Commander's Cross 2nd Class (HG2b), permission to accept and wear on 12 December 1851

Imperial Russian Sankt-Stanislaus-Orden, I. Class (RSt1), permission to accept and wear on 18 November 1852

Grand Ducal Hessian Ludwig (Ludewig) Order, Commander's Cross 1st Class (GHL2a/HL2a) on 14 June 1853

Saxon Albert Order (Albrechts-Orden), Grand Cross (SA1), permission to accept and wear in 1854

Baden Order of the Zähringer Lion (Orden vom Zähringer Löwen), Commander's Cross I. Class with Star (BZL2a.mSt/BZ2a.mSt), permission to accept and wear in 1854

Russian Order of Saint Anna, I. Class (RA1), permission to accept and wear on 6 April 1855

Greek Order of the Redeemer, Grand Commander with Star (GE2a.mSt), permission to accept and wear on 26 January 1857

Diamonds to his Russian Order of Saint Anna (Sankt-Annen-Orden) 1st Class (RA1mBr), permission to accept on 6 July 1857

Commander of the Legion of Honour (FEL3/FE3), permission to accept and wear on 23 August 1857

Grand Ducal Hessian Order of Merit of Philip the Magnanimous (Verdienstorden Philipps des Großmütigen), Grand Cross (GHVP1/HP1) on 1 January 1860

Saxe-Ernestine House Order, Grand Cross (SEH1/HSEH1/HSH1), permission to accept and wear on 6 July 1860

Order of the Oak Crown, Grand Cross (LEK1), permission to accept and wear on 7 August 1860

Knight of the Austrian Order of the Iron Crown, 1st Class (ÖEK1), permission to accept and wear on 11 September 1860

Grand Ducal Hessian Ludwig (Ludewig) Order, Grand Cross (GHL1/HL1) on 7 April 1863

Russian Order of the White Eagle (RWA), permission to accept and wear on 14 June 1864

Order of Isabella the Catholic, Grand Cross (SJ1), permission to accept and wear on 18 December 1864

Order of Saint Charles (Monaco), Grand Officer's Cross (MOC1), permission to accept and wear on 17 April 1865

Electoral Hessian Wilhelm Order, Grand Cross (CHW1), permission to accept and wear on 30 October 1865

... another source states, it was the Commander's Cross 1st Class (CHW2a)

Order of Saint Michael (Bavaria), Grand Cross (BStMV1/BStMVGkz/BStMVG.Kr), permission to accept and wear on 6 February 1866

Military Commemorative Badge of Grand Duke Ludwig I. on 14 June 1868

... source: https://www.deutsche-gesellschaft-fuer-ordenskunde.de/DGOWP/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Verl_Liste_1868_Milit_Erinn_Zeichen_Grossherz_Hessen_Adler.pdf

Red Eagle Order, 1st Class, permission to accept and wear on 27 June 1868

Grand Officer of the Legion of Honour (FEL2/FE2)

Baden Order of the Zähringer Lion, Grand Cross (BZL1/BZ1)

Russian Order of Saint Vladimir, 3rd Class (RW3)

Order of Alexander Nevsky with Diamonds (RANmBr), permission to accept and wear on 15 June 1867

Prussian Order of the Crown (Preußischer Kronenorden), 1st Class with the enamel ribbon of the Red Eagle Order, permission to accept and wear on 1 May 1870

Military service decoration (Militär-Dienst-Ehrenzeichen I. Klasse) for 50 years of service (GHMDEz1) on 26 April 1871

Civil Merit Order of the Bavarian Crown, Grand Cross, permission to accept and wear on 7 May 1871

Red Eagle Order (Roter Adlerorden), Grand Cross on 25 September 1877 (???) 

Lippe House Order (Fürstlich Lippischer Hausorden), Cross of Honour (Ehrenkreuz) 1st Class (LH.EK1/LH1)

Karl Hermann Freiherr von Trotha I.jpg

Edited by Deutschritter