News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ribbon Bar Ribbons: Where to find them?

I am not sure what you mean. Unteil 1918 the k.u.k. army and navy always used ribbons in original width. In general they were 40 mm. The heigth of the bars was about 14 - 15 mm.

In the 1930ties Bundesheer ribbon bars were made of 20 - 25 mm wide ribbons.

15 mm wide ribbons occured after the "Anschluss" in March 1938 until 1945. At the very beginning of Bundesheer in 1955  this kind of ribbon bars was in use agin. From the 60ties on they came back to the full size ribbons..

If you tell me what you need, maybe I could help out. But not with old but new made ribbons.

Regards

Christian

3 hours ago, Stogieman said:

Good Morning, periodically ribbon and devices will show up on eBay.de

Good luck with your hunt!

Yes, I have acquired two or three nice ones that way but they are not common. There is perhaps a European source for these and the ribbons?  I think Christian 1962 may be correct that full size ribbon was 'twisted' to fit the smaller width of the ribbon bar, much like a Bavarian ribbon.