News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Looking for pic of Erich Hartmann

Hey gang....I'm looking for a picture of Erich Hartmann wearing his summer issue flight helmet. I have asked on numerous forums and no one has come through! Can it be that the #1 fighter ace of all time has no pics taken of him wearing a flying helmet?

I can't beleive that! Hope you can help me! Thanks all!

Cheers....

Rob

These are indeed hard to find..

When you see Erich Hartmann you see him bare headed or with his visor.

I've checked my files and only found 2 pics of him wearing his fightercap..

Not much,but proof enough that he wore one now and then.. :D

Jos.

Edited by Jos Le Cont

Thanks Jos....these are exactly what I was looking for.....anyone else, please post! I'd love to see more of these shots. ...and I agree 100%: until now, I had only seen pics of him with his visor or bareheaded!

Thanks again!!

Rob

Hi! Thanks for posting another picture....the hunt continues: let me explain. I have a summer issue flying helmet dated Sept. 42. I know Erich Hartmann started his fighter pilot career in Oct. '42.

On my flying helmet, there are the initials EH inscribed on both chinstraps...I'd love to find a pic of Hartmann wearing this type of flying helmet with the initials showing! Could you imagine!!!!

Anyhow....the hunt continues. It's wishful thinking, I know....but still a pretty cool "hunt"....

Thanks again for helping me out.

Here's the helmet I am talking about:

Cheers!

Rob

[attachmentid=40787]