News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Political officer Ivan Rodionov

Here is a document from personal file of HSU pilot mentioned above. This document is a regular certification of an officer. Each active officer in Red Army went through a procedure of certification every three or four years. Main aim of certification was to determine if a person correspond to the position that he occupies.

Here is his final paper from Soviet Army. It says that Lt. Colonel Ivanov retired from active duty to reserve, but in case of war he could be called up again and could be used on a position of the Head of Strategical Department of Air Division Headquarters.

And the last paper from his Personal File. Not from the Army though, but from a civil job. He was working as a "зубострогальщик" 5th class (I have no idea what it means, sounds like something related to metal processing and handling) on a railway car repair factory.

One more paper from personal file. Not related to previous one, but still interesting. This is also a certification for another HSU pilot - Lt. Colonel Gultyaev. At the moment of certification he was holding a position of the Head of Command Center of 145th Fighter Air Division.

Certification describes an event when Lt. Colonel Gultyaev left his Command Center (the only remaining person in the Command Center was some Private) and together with other officers went to the cinema (I highlighted this with red line). Pretty funny, huh?

Guest Rick Research

I wonder if (I hope, actually) the Hero had a "show up" job, just something to justify paying him... I hate to think of somebody that brave and with that sort of security clearance just brushing out assemblies or something as if he had been demoted.

What happeened to the film buff's career afterwards?