News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

MG 08

Only one problem, How will you get the sled mount on the plane? :P That probably is a fair price if it is the same quality demill as your 08/15. The last mount I saw for sale was $3500 and the last dummy gun sans mount(a US demill) was $2500. Prices have gone up since then. A nice sled mount is actually harder to find than the gun.

Dan Murphy

• 3 weeks later...

Chris,

Mine is originally battleship gray with red primer underneath on the thin sheet metal inserts on the side. A common thing to do with these is repaint them and to replace the cloth covered horsegair pads. I have had numerous people tell me I should redo mine. Never gonna happen. To me it is like reblueing a gun, you destroy the value. Gray, various shades of olive and field grey are acceptable original colors. As long as the paint looks old and shows a good bit of wear, it may be original. If the paint is near perfect, it has been repainted. These things saw a lot of use under horrible conditions. One practice of the gunners was to leave the sled mount in place during a bombardment, so that once it stopped they could come out of cover, mount the gun and open fire on attacking infantry ASAP. Mine shows several schrapnel/ shell splinter hits. I saw one at the Hill 60 museum that was cut in half :o by shell fire. Here is another photo of my pride and joy at a recent living history event (where we won first prize by the way)which shows the condition of the paint on the sled.

Dan Murphy

IPB Image

Edited by Daniel Murphy

• 5 months later...