News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Volksdeutsche Mittelstelle SS , ID Book

I bought this several weeks ago and , I was thrilled to get it ..we never really hear that much about this group (Volksdeutsche Mittelstelle) it's hard enough finding SS ID's today but, finding one from this group and in this condition is even harder ...hope you all enjoy it

From the Trials --

Himmler, the holder of several offices, combined in one person the position of Reichsleiter of the Security Units (SS) and of Reich Commissioner for the Consolidation of Germanism (Reichskommissar fuer die Festigung des deutschen Volkstums). As such, he was charged with the leadership of all State and Party organs within Germany, which, in turn, controlled the German settlements, the work among the German Fascist minorities in other countries and the re-immigration of Germans into Germany.

In this field his executive apparatus was the so-called "Volksdeutsche Mittelstelle."

The leader of this organisation, and therefore the actual deputy of Himmler, in this special sphere was Obergruppenfuehrer S.S. Lorenz who will be discussed later.

http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache:J_2uo...us&ct=clnk&cd=6

Documents 13, 14, 15: The SS is accused of the legal

plundering of the occupied eastern territories. These

documents show that the laws in this respect were issued by

the Trustee for the Four-Year Plan, Goering, or the Minister

of the Interior, Frick. The Reich Commissioner for the

Consolidation of German Nationhood and the Office for Racial

Germans (Volksdeutsche Mittelstelle) were entrusted with the

resettlement and bringing back of Germans. This is shown by

Documents 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22 and 23. Documents 25,

26, 30, 33, 34, 40, and Exhibit USA 674 I submit as evidence

that the Civil Service law, the

Documents 29, 36, 38, and 39 show that citizens of foreign

States, in so far as they were of German descent, were not

forcibly drafted into the Armies of their respective

countries, but into the Waffen SS. This was on the strength

of State agreements.

http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache:urpnf...s&ct=clnk&cd=12

I've never run into any SS ID's from the "Volksdeutsche Mittelstelle." I know Rosenberg was involved in the Race and Resettlement program early on but , I don't know when Himmler to control ...a lot of reading ahead of me !

Edited by Mike

• 14 years later...

Hello,

Good evening.

Has anyone found out more on the issuing of these booklets? why? and only for the VoMi members and not the infamous Einzatsgruppen? added some images of 2 I located earlier this year.

Keep well ans safe.

00.jpg

11.jpg

22.jpg

33.jpg

44.jpg

55.jpg

66.jpg

77.jpg

88.jpg

Curiously they not used Sutterlin .Regarding Volksdeutsche , Artur Plheps is a good example, Born in Transylvania when it belonged to Austria Hungary and of German ethnicity he was Imperial Officer in WW1 ,then Romanian ,reaching the rank of Romanian General ,he resigned for political reasons and when Romania enter in the War alongside Germany he returned to the military but inside the Waffen SS as all the Volksdeutschen who chosen not to stay into their national armies

• 2 weeks later...